VP, Program Management
HUYA Bioscience - Come join our world-class team evaluating, in-licensing and developing innovative therapeutic products internationally.
HUYABIO is the leader in accelerating the global development of novel biopharmaceutical product opportunities originating in China enabling faster, more cost-effective and lower-risk drug development in international markets. Through extensive collaboration with biopharmaceutical, academic and commercial organizations, it has built the largest China-sourced compound portfolio covering all therapeutic areas. With offices in the US, Japan, South Korea, Canada, Ireland and eight strategic locations across China, the Company has become a partner of choice to accelerate product development and maximize value globally. For more information please visit www.huyabio.com<http://www.huyabio.com
This position is responsible for managing the tracking of the drug development and commercialization process from asset acquisition to out-licensing or commercialization in the organization leading and supervising the Program Management Department. The position ensures that project plans are created together with the Project Leader and Project Teams. Tracking includes communication to the supporting departments, Executives and the BOD project schedule status, deviations, and corrective action required.
This is an office-based position that works in a cross-functional and dynamic environment. Clear, timely, professional, and effective communication with all HUYA functional areas and global office sites is essential.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working closely with Project Team Leaders and Strategic Planning, create, measure, and communicate development program plans, milestones, timelines, metrics for the Company’s development programs
- Record and ensure progress, negotiate with team members and functional leadership, and manage the quality of deliverables for the Company’s development programs
- Monitor policies around documentation and standardization of programs, products, and systems for the Company’s development programs by applying best practices and processes
- Identify and track risks related to the Company’s development programs and develop proposals to mitigate them
- Support development teams working collaboratively in a cross-functional environment
- Coordinates activities with external business partners and alliances, where appropriate; contributes to achieving partnership contract deliverables
- Supervising the Program Management Department, including providing feedback, instruction, and discipline for personnel in the department
Job Qualifications and Requirements:
- Requires 12+ years in the biopharma industry with a minimum of 6 years’ experience in program management, with a proven track record of delivering clinical programs on time, within budget
- BS/BA degree in life sciences
- Requires previous experience working in a small company environment
- Experience interacting with and presenting to senior management teams, internal and external (CRO or partners)
- Knowledge of market research strategies and technologies as well as competitive strategies
- Established ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously; demonstrated ability to identify and resolve issues, and effectively manage timelines.
- Strong organizational skills, proven effectiveness in a quick-changing, fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal/team skills
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word ,PowerPoint and Project
The position is full‐time, and the candidate must be within commuting distance to HUYA’s Del Mar, California office.
To learn more about HUYA Bioscience, please visit www.huyabio.com. HUYA Bioscience is an equal opportunity employer.