Associate Manager, R&D Program Management
The Associate Manager, R&D Program Management works in tandem with the program manager/ director and performs project management duties to support the completion of projects. They participate during all phases of the project management process under the guidance of the program manager.
Essential Job Functions:
- Works closely with the R&D program manager on a portfolio of programs with meeting scheduling and preparing agendas and recording minutes, decisions, and action items
- Contributes to the preparation and maintenance of program management deliverables such as development plans, Gantt charts and risk assessments
- Works closely with the R&D program team leader and program manager to drive project delivery and project milestone attainment; communicates assignments and expectations to program team members, and tracks completion of program tasks to ensure quality and integrity of all program-related documents
- Supports the preparation of key R&D presentations for management meetings as well as external stakeholders
- Supports the logistics for the Product Development Committee (PDC) and LMC (Lifecycle Management Committee) including agenda, presentation materials and action item tracking.
- Contributes to other department initiatives, including, but not limited to new business technology solutions, or other department initiatives, assigned by Program Management Head
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- At least 6 years of experience in pharmaceutical industry preferably in R&D Program Management is a plus
- Familiar with drug development process and the interdependencies of individual development activities
- Ability to work with appropriate level of supervision
- Ability to foster positive relationships with internal and external business partners with proven ability to influence others to get things done without formal authority
- Ability to communicate well at all levels of the organization
- Meticulous attention to details with the ability to view larger picture at strategic level
- Problem solving/issue resolution skills
- Proficiency with MS Office (e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.)
This position primarily works in an office environment. It requires the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and frequent walking. Daily use of a computer, phone, office equipment and other computing and digital devices is required. May be required to stand for extended periods when facilitating meetings or walking in the facilities. Some local travel may be necessary, so the ability to travel by plane, operate a motor vehicle and maintain a valid Driver's license and/or effectively navigate public transportation is required. While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee must be able to read and respond to interoffice communications as well as effectively participate in meetings. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to lift up to 20 lbs., pull, push, carry, handle or feel. The employee is required to carry, handle items, reach with arms and hands, to stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear. Mental demands may require prolonged concentration, reading comprehension, understanding and interpretation of concepts, ideas and philosophies. The physical demands of the position described herein are essential functions of the job and employees must be able to successfully perform these tasks for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made for those individuals with real or perceived disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job described unless such accommodations would cause Avanir an undue burden.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, these work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the job holder will encounter. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job unless such accommodations would cause Avanir an undue burden. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving carts, mechanical equipment (copiers, computers, coffee machines) and vehicles. May be subject to smells and odors. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. The passage of employees through the work area is average and normal.
As an equal opportunity employer, Avanir Pharmaceuticals is committed to providing all applicants and employees with equal access to employment opportunities, regardless of sex, race, age, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, pregnancy, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation transgender status, gender identity, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. All Avanir Pharmaceuticals employees, officers, principles, agents, and representatives are expressly prohibited from engaging in unlawful discrimination. Consistent with federal, state, and local requirements, Avanir Pharmaceuticals will reasonably accommodate any qualified individual with a disability if such accommodation would allow the individual to perform the essential functions or the job, unless doing so would create an undue hardship.
Avanir Pharmaceuticals shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR-60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.