Senior Director/ VP, Investor Relations
Magenta Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotechnology company developing therapeutics to reset the immune system to cure more patients with devastating and life-threatening diseases. This immune reset approach can be applied through stem cell transplant to multiple diseases, including autoimmune diseases, such as multiple sclerosis and systemic sclerosis; blood cancers, such as acute myeloid leukemia; and genetic diseases, such as sickle cell disease.
Magenta's comprehensive approach to precision immune system reset will transform many aspects of the transplant process, aiming to make it safer and more effective. Our culture is fueled by a driven, passionate group of people committed to making a difference, seizing opportunities for maximum impact and pursuing progress for the patients we seek to serve.
The Sr. Director/VP, Investor Relations is a key leadership role which will develop and implement our IR strategy and program. This person will have consistent communication with the investment community and serve as Magenta's company contact. Reporting to our CFO and partnering with our CEO, Executive and Communications team, this person will drive and execute all communication of our mission, strategic objectives and progress and is responsible for relationship management with current and prospective shareholders and financial analysts.
You are perfect for this role if you are engaged by:
- Partnering with the CEO and CFO, enhance and drive forward a strategic IR plan and strategy to effectively convey Magenta's story to both the sell-side and buy-side.
- Develop a thorough understanding of Magenta's pipeline and corporate strategy to support the delivery of our strategy, milestones, and inflection points clearly, compellingly, and compliantly to internal and external audiences.
- Create targeting strategy for prospective investors; establish close relationships with key investors and analysts.
- Keep abreast of industry trends and competitive landscape to both proactively and reactively adjust plans, messaging and manage relationships that may be impacted.
- Track Wall Street analysts' models and estimates, compile internal quarterly consensus for multiple company stakeholders, and communicate quarterly consensus to external stakeholders, as needed.
- Continual refinement of messaging and market positioning based on company performance, market perception, expectations, peer performance and relative valuation.
- Organize and execute investor conference and events.
- Originate and maintain investor-facing materials, including financial results press releases, investor presentations, conference call scripts, Q&As, IR website and backgrounders
- Partner with senior leadership and work cross-functionally to support specific IR activities and creation of investor communications.
- Work in close partnership with internal legal team to review IR-related external communications and related 8-K filings.
- Maintain master investor and target communication list and target lists; track all investor interactions.
We would be thrilled if you brought the following with you:
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree required, advanced degree a plus.
- Minimum 10 years' experience in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry with a focus on investor relations, finance, equity research or investment banking; public company experience required.
- A proactive, strategic approach to investor relations and communications
- Ability to relay deep science to external stakeholders and must possess a strong understanding of general science and drug development.
- Existing relationships within the financial, industry analyst, media, and institutional investor communities
- Outstanding oral and written communications and presentation skills
- Proven ability to plan, organize and execute IR-related events
- Must be able to collaborate effectively with executives and senior leaders; able to work collaboratively across functions
- Must take a proactive and strategic approach plus possess excellent interpersonal skills and a professional, outgoing personality
- Demonstrated ability to develop, establish and maintain relationships with healthcare investors and research analysts
- Willing to be an individual contributor and a team player; is self-motivated and resourceful
- Must always be able to maintain confidentiality and use discretion
- Possesses an attention to detail and time-sensitivities
- Knowledge of SEC and disclosure requirements preferred
Successful leaders and contributors within Magenta are:
- Driven. You will be focused on the achievement of Magenta's mission and major corporate goals.
- Results-focused. Demonstrated record of exceeding stretch goals, and willing to bring creative problem-solving skills to challenges along the way
- Intuitive. You will enjoy learning and being involved in the content of our whole business, thriving on a very fast-paced and growing business
- Collaborative. You will have demonstrated the ability to achieve objectives across complex projects and organizational structures
- Process-oriented, yet flexible. You will appreciate and be able to create and drive process, while also recognizing when flexibility is needed.
- Transparent and Articulate. You will have the ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all stakeholders
- Independent. You will be able to self-organize and operate effectively without significant day-to-day oversight, while staying tightly connected to key leaders and teams across the company
- A role model for the company's cultural pillars; Courage Commitment & Excellence
At Magenta, we celebrate our differences. We value the power of a diverse array of folks who bring all of themselves to their work. We embrace cultural, cognitive, social, and professional diversity because we know the only way we're going to make new cures possible is by working together.