Patient Integration Manager
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
This position leads strategic development of behavioral science initiatives with cross functional stakeholders in support of human factors and health literacy activities for the International PV Network to promote clinical trial safety excellence and safe medication use. This includes developing original research protocols to evaluate patient safety data from medication errors, product complaints, and non-serious adverse events with use of AbbVie products in clinical development and post-market to devise strategies to systemically reduce the incidence of medication errors and improve adherence. This position will act as a behavioral science expert for the Product Safety Teams, Benefit Risk Management, Area PV Product Leads and other functions on the application of health literacy and human factors. This position will be included in strategic decision-making on AbbVie products' plans to demonstrate real world safety and usability, including presenting to senior management.
- Lead cross-functional teams in the development of novel health literacy programs in collaboration with IPV Network partners
- Develop strategy for human-centered design (human factors and health literacy activities) and safety assessments to product teams and leadership to inform on necessary medication error reduction
- Evaluate multiple patient level data from multiple sources (clinical trials, post-marketing, product complaints, usability studies) to identify potential gaps that can impact patient safety and develop appropriate mitigations
- Utilizes expert judgment to determine the impact of the safety issue on the product's benefit-risk profile, including participating in use risk analyses, health literacy evaluations and human factors studies to inform product and safety information design
- Lead PPS participation in key product safety activities including clinical trial lay summaries, human factors summaries of known use errors, and health literacy evaluations of patient-facing materials
- Synthesize evolving global regulatory obligations on medication errors to determine the need for prospective safety data to support new product submissions; work with Asset Strategy Teams to ensure product submission success
- Leads patient-focused drug development and safety-related activities/initiatives for Pharmacovigilance & Patient Safety
- Degree in a Health Sciences (e.g., Pharmacy, Epidemiology, Nursing); o Bachelors + 6 years clinical/pharma or safety work experience o Masters or doctorate + 2-3 years clinical/pharma or safety work experience (e.g. MPH, PharmD, PhD, or Masters in a Health Science)
- Demonstrated ability to serve as an expert in behavioral science to cross-functional colleagues by soliciting input and providing strategic guidance
- Advanced training/knowledge of human-centered design and development applied during the pharmaceutical product life cycle which includes conducting clinical trials, scientific strategy and operations management for the planning, execution and reporting of clinical development programs, regulatory requirements for submission, product launch and post marketing support
- Proficient in pharmacovigilance regulations, guidelines, qualitative research and company standard operating procedures Demonstrated effectiveness in working in a multidisciplinary, matrix team situation
- Effective oral and written communication skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously Proficient in qualitative research methods Able to work independently with minimal direct supervision
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Yes, 15 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.