Scientific Associate I/II (Upstream Technical Development)
With operations in 35+ nations and ~27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL's therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
Candidate will provide support on TD Cell Culture projects of varying size and support technical projects within function.
- Support Cell Culture laboratory experiments and activities
- Proper data documentation and recording
- Perform tasks under limited supervision.
- Able to work under tight deadlines.
- Partner with diverse team members from various functions, countries and members at various levels in the organization.
- Solve complex problems using analytical thinking gained through formal education.
- Provides support on projects of varying size; demonstrates awareness of broader project objectives
- Analyzes information and standard practices using existing procedures to solve routine problems
- Bachelor's Degree in related scientific field
- 0-1+ years of related experience, 3+ years of industry experience preferred
- Preferred hands on experience on with mammalian cell culture, bioreactors, virus handling and propagation, and basic laboratory techniques
- Ability to work with cross functional teams
- Strong communication skills and technical writing ability
- Experience with DOE principles and statistical analysis desirable