We are looking for an Associate General Counsel, Employment, to join us in our mission to design drugs and materials to improve human health and increase quality of life!
Schrödinger is on the cutting edge of computer-aided drug discovery and materials science, collaborating with large pharmaceutical companies and biotech companies globally. Our platform is deployed by users worldwide to enable the discovery of novel therapeutics and materials more rapidly, at a lower cost, and we believe with a higher likelihood of success. We are committed to creating and maintaining a vibrant and inclusive workplace, where every employee is treated with respect and dignity.
This position will report directly to the Chief Legal Officer and will be a leader in all areas pertaining to employment law within the company.
Who will love this job:
- An attorney excited by our mission who seeks to be a thought leader and partner to our internal business teams
- An expert on a broad range of employment matters, including but not limited to, applicable employment laws and best practices and policies, compensation, benefits, performance management and terminations
- A strong communicator who is excited to collaborate closely with multiple departments and teams across the globe.
- A team player who values contributing to the expertise and skills of the legal team.
What you'll do:
- Be the primary counsel and strategic lead for all employment law matters company-wide
- Help develop and maintain internal policy that align Schrödinger with all current employment laws and regulations and company values
- Partner with and advise HR on best practices for employee relations
- Advise on best practices to support employee retention and minimize litigation risk
- Keep up to date with best employment practices and applicable law
- Manage outside counsel as applicable on any employment matters
What you'll need:
- The critical thinking skills to pull together complex information from multiple sources and synthesizing it to arrive at well-reasoned recommendations and conclusions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Active membership in NY state bar
- A minimum 5 years of relevant experience in-house or at a law firm.
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands it's people that make a company great. Because of this, we're prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office every day, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events. New York is home to our largest office, but we have teams all over the world. Schrödinger is honored to have been selected as one of Crain's New York Best Places to Work in 2018 and 2019.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.