AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
The Manager, BHR is responsible for leveraging best-in-class HR practices to continually construct, deliver, and support programs that establish AbbVie as an employer of choice while empowering all employees at all levels of the organization. They will serve as a strategic partner to the business, developing HR strategies, needs assessments, and resulting HR solutions.
- Responsible for conducting job evaluations, job and decision rights analysis and analyzing employee data to develop workforce strategy. Responsible for ensuring the effective delivery of all HR programs and services. Responsible for HR results in the business, including client satisfaction, HR effectiveness and associated financial results.
- Establish, build and maintain strong relationships with key HR partners from all Practice Areas and Service Centers to ensure elements of HR are successfully coordinated to meet business needs, including relationship management, leadership, HR roles/responsibilities, and service delivery commitments.
- Utilize competency model and assessment tools such as 360 assessment tool and Thomas PPA talent tool to conduct manager talent assessment and deliver reports to detail potential motivators and areas of improvement to support talent development.
- Act as ambassador of the HR organization to represent the services and resources available to the business and help manage the collective reputation of the HR organization.
- Employ consulting methods such as A3 problem solving method, 5 why framework, MECE principle, etc., as well as effective business presentation skills utilizing effective visuals and charts in Powerpoint. Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and Procedures.
- Assist or lead proposals and recommendations to resolve strategically important issues affecting a business segment.
- Manage and leverage human and financial resources within scope of delivered project services while supporting a segment of the business. Facilitate and implement change and ensure that day-to-day activities are moving forward.
- Manage delivery of HR services across a segment of the business. Ensure appropriate amount of resource planning is accounted for by the Practice and Service Centers to support the needs of the respective business segment.
- Understand and utilize historical and broad organizational data when weighing business HR decisions and actions. Utilize ability to identify trends and new approaches in HR and develop new approaches to business processes. Responsible for initiatives and changes to current business processes must have a clear linkage with other organizational efforts being proposed or already ongoing in the respective business.
- Assist in the diagnosis, development and delivery of HR strategies, programs and services that influence and drive the needs of the respective business. Utilize skills in data analysis and survey results analysis to help generate insights around talent, culture and engagement.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Industrial and Labor Relations or in a highly related field of study required, Master's degree preferred.
- At least 8 years of related experience.
- Experience in conducting job evaluations, job and decision rights analysis and analyzing employee data to develop workforce strategy.
- Experience with utilizing competency model and assessment tools such as 360 assessment tool and Thomas PPA talent tool to conduct manager talent assessment and deliver reports to detail potential motivators and areas of improvement to support talent development.
- Experience with consulting methods such as A3 problem solving method, 5 why framework, MECE principle, etc., as well as effective business presentation skills utilizing effective visuals and charts in Powerpoint.
- Experience in data analysis and survey results analysis to help generate insights around talent, culture and engagement.
Significant Work Activities
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.