Program Manager II, Patient Support - Imbruvica
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
The Program Manager, Patient Support Programs (Market Access) is responsible for ensuring multiple internal and external partners are collaborating and executing effectively to deliver on brand and patient expectations for the IMBRUVICA Patient Support Program. In addition, the Program Manager helps lead and monitor strategic initiatives designed to grow awareness and enrollments into the Patient Support Program to maximize positive patient outcomes for patients prescribed IMBRUVICA.
The Program Manager, Patient Support Programs Marketing reports into the Director of US Patient Support Programs and sits within the Market Access team. The chosen candidate will have significant interaction with the US commercial teams across both Pharmacyclics and AbbVie, including brand marketing, market access, business analytics, IT, and sales and marketing leadership.
- Manage the ongoing development and optimization of complex, strategic cross-functional projects focused on delivering best-in-class patient support programs and tools
- Lead processes for selecting, scoping, prioritizing and executing projects to deliverobjectives and continuous improvements. Facilitate analysis of opportunities and risks, and identify impacts and recommendations to the business
- Design and establish KPIs, sustainable metrics, dashboards and systems for tracking and reporting of value proposition resulting from continuous improvement
- Manage stakeholder relationships (e.g. (marketing, market access, sale training, IT, commercial operations) and expectations
- Support and motivate teams to ensure timely and successful delivery of projects
- Build strong internal/external relationships amongst cross-functional groups and partners to ensure integration and execution of business Coordinate with project management resources to ensure timeline development and tactical execution against leadership expectations
- Design and development of smart and lean processes to optimizeworkflows
- The development and management of the operating of short and long-term strategic budgets
- Ensure that function operates in a fiscally sound manner in accordance with the objectives of the organization
- Must have either BA/BS, MS, etc. An advanced science or business degree such as a PharmD, PhD or MBA is preferred but not required.
- 3+ years of life sciences market access,marketing or commercial operations experience with strategic and tactile ownership of a broad range of programs
- Expertise and understanding of the prescription landscape for Oncology drugs is desired
- Strong project management skills, attention to detail, analytical capability, execution, and follow-through
- High-level strategic thinking with the ability to concisely translate complex scientific topics to the appropriate level for patients
- Proven ability to collaborate and work cross-functionally to drive business results in a heavily matrixed, fast-paced environment
- Strong leadership and ability to drive influence across stakeholders to set direction, align work efforts, and ensure outstanding execution
- Ability to work independently and negotiate with all levels in a highly matrixed organization
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
- Ability to assess risks and benefits to make timely, sound decisions with various levels of information, and accept responsibly for meeting and/ or exceeding objectives
- Ability to travel approximately 20% of the time
Significant Work Activities
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.