Commercial Insights Manager
- Develop and deliver actionable statistical analysis using complex data sources including account-level demand data, claims data, electronic medical records data, etc. to generate a holistic, objective, and detailed understanding of brand business and to drive investment decisions and define commercial strategies and tactics.
- Support key financial activities, including Quarterly Business Reviews and Business Cases through clearly presented data analytics models that generate strategic actionable business insights using SAS, SQL, R, Python, and Microsoft Excel
- Support individual brands and Oncology portfolio through various initiatives such as segmentation, marketing mix, return on investment, network analysis, influence mapping
- Prepare, publish, and continuously refine reports and data visualization tools that track performance against business objective using Tableau, R, Python, Microsoft PowerPoint etc.
- Manage relationships with internal cross-functional partners and external vendors to prioritize business needs and enable effective execution of analytics.
Master's degree and 2 years of sales and/or marketing and/or managed markets analytics experience
Bachelor's degree and 4 years of sales and/or marketing and/or managed markets analytics experience
Associate's degree and 10 years of sales and/or marketing and/or managed markets analytics experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of sales and/or marketing and/or managed markets analytics experience
- Pharmaceutical and/or biotechnology industry experience
- Performing data analysis and modeling with physician/patient-level data and sales data specific to biotechnology and pharmaceuticals to drive decision making for sales force and marketing using MS Office suite, SAS, R, Python or Amazon Redshift
- Executing analytics on complex pharmaceutical data sources such as IQVIA demand, Inventory data from multiple sources and patient longitudinal data, and ability to build complex and detailed analytical models using imperfect data sources
- Configuring and analyzing large data sets via database languages including: R, Python, SAS, or SQL
- Developing efficient business intelligence tools and enhancing them for consumption of large sales forces of at least 100, using Tableau, R, Python, SAS or Spotfire
- Managing multiple data vendors and ensuring data readiness on platforms such as Databricks, Amazon Redshift or similar Hadoop based data analytics infrastructure.
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.