Senior Technician, Network
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
Provides technical Level III problem isolation and resolution for a Global Network (LAN / WAN / Remote Access / Wireless / Physical infrastructure) may refer to documented processes as needed. Support Network Technicians as they require training and support for problem resolution including performing diagnostics, and configuring network devices. Uses the latest software and hardware tools to remotely analyze, support, manage, monitor, troubleshoot and repair hardware and software related to the global data network infrastructure which includes: bridges, switches, routers, LAN/WAN protocols. Interaction with internal and external global customers requiring good Customer Service skills. Responsible for analysis and research for escalated problem resolution working an On-Call schedule to assist all shifts. Some requirements for weekend and holiday coverage.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Responsible for providing operational support by proactively monitoring, troubleshooting and maintaining the global data and security network (LAN, WAN, Directory Services, Border Networks, Remote Access, Wireless & Physical Infrastructure) including multiplexers, switches, hubs, routers and all associated hardware and software to maintain the network functionality. responsible for escalated Incident handling and resolution.
- Uses remote monitoring and diagnostic tools to configure and trouble-shoot network devices, sharing knowledge to assist and train Customer Service Network Technicians. Responsible for creating, updating and completing documentation associated with qualification, incident handling, problem resolution and asset tracking.
- Clearly and concisely provides relevant information with the audience in mind. Responsible for maintaining the management applications and tools used to monitor, diagnose and troubleshoot the data network infrastructure.
- Acts as a liaison between organizations building open and honest relationships, following through on commitments.
- Responsible for device installation and/or replacement in as it relates to escalated problem resolution, upgrades and maintenance. Responsible for the coordination of all technical resources required to accomplish tasks.
- Provide a stable, dependable network across multiple platforms by utilizing network management applications to analyze network faults, ensure the provision of data or other telecommunications access to clients, and the movement of information from one location to another. Works close with other IT organizations and business contacts to resolve issues.
- Secures relevant information: Analyze customer needs, gather information from multiple sources to understand problems; analyze and identify irregularities before major problems occur documenting call data into a tracking system.
- Responsible for the support of network security and public network in a predominantly Unix environment, possessing a thorough understanding of Border Networks (Internet, Intranet and Extranet) and the infrastructure associated with it to include UNIX, Load Balancing, Firewalls, intrusion detection, authentication systems and VPN.
- Participate in and coordinate technical resources for disaster recovery planning and testing for infrastructure and client business applications. Lead various vendor/customer meetings on a monthly basis. Research and maintain a comprehensive knowledge of new technologies equipment and services in the data communications industry.
- Bachelor's Degree, or technical institute degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
- Typically has 4 to 6 years of IT work experience in computer systems or support with demonstrated working in-depth knowledge of hardware and software products and problem solving/troubleshooting skills.
- The technician has a working knowledge of all technologies related to the global data network infrastructure and their interdependencies and must have a detailed technical understanding of the majority of the technologies.
- Possess a thorough understanding of switching/bridging, load balancing and routing technologies, able to comprehend Active Directory as it relates to personnel IDs, DHCP, WINS & DNS services.
- Strong capabilities to test vendor upgrades, hot fixes and service packs against the LAN/WAN infrastructure network components.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.