Manager, Reimbursement Services
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
- Manage day-to-day operations to deliver superior customer service and improved access to medication for commercial and uninsured patients.
- Monitor similar industry programs and regulatory guidance to ensure program relevance and compliance.
- Lead and mentor direct reports responsible for reimbursement operations for designated AbbVie products.
- Provide recommendations regarding appropriate promotional and business practices based on reimbursement capabilities.
- Develop and manage relationships with payors, providers, independent co-pay foundations, alternative funding outlets, etc. to increase the probability of prescription access and fulfillment.
- Partner with commercial teams within established guidelines and working relationships to ensure reimbursement center operations are aligned with consumer and professional marketing initiatives to create customer-focused operational efficiencies that maximize patient acquisition and retention.
- Understand and adhere to the Code of Business Conduct, Operating Guidelines as well as appropriate IRS, CMS, HIPAA, and OIG guidelines.
- Monitor productivity levels, identifying opportunities to optimize operational efficiencies and cost controls, develop and implement changes that will improve those efficiencies and the department's performance.
- Bachelor's Degree. Comparable or relevant experience will be considered.
- Minimum of 1-3 years in people management required.
- 2-4 years experience managing a reimbursement or call center is preferred.
- Knowledgeable of application regulations and standards affecting Pharmaceutical Products specifically knowledge of HIPAA guidelines and appropriate federal, state, and local regulations applicable to reimbursement and call center operations.
- Experience working in retail/mail order/specialty pharmacy or related experience involved in the distribution, dispensing, and reimbursement of pharmaceuticals is preferred.
- Should possess a clear understanding of the pharmaceutical or healthcare business. Knowledge of federal healthcare programs, commercial payors/providers, managed care organizations and healthcare reimbursement is a plus.
Significant Work Activities
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.