OSI PI Administrator / Engineer
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
AbbVie Operations is seeking a motivated self-starter to join the Business Technology Solutions (BTS)/Data Analytics Team. This team is a dynamic group of IT, Automation Operation Technology (OT), and Business specialists who work together to deliver manufacturing software solutions, drive standardization, innovation, optimization, identify requirements for future enhancements.
The team is looking to add knowledgeable site IT/OT/Automation/Business subject matter experts (SME) to support the manufacturing operations, within an exciting time of multiple new product introductions and deployments, work directly with the business functions for optimization opportunities and represent these functions LRP and system enhancement planning.
Sr. BTS OT Engineers/Analysts serve as liaisons between IT and operations, business, engineering, maintenance, and quality, and focus on business priorities/processes/ innovations as well as related data analytics.
- OSI PI Administration - Provide direct administration, development, and support of all aspects of the plant data historian, OSI PI, including interfaces to plant floor automation/control systems, as well as to higher-level Manufacturing Execution Systems/Business Systems.
- Familiar with Windows Server/Client operation and support of applications (start/stop services, obtain windows logs, etc.), as well as solid understanding and experience with networking fundamentals of IP addressing, firewalls, routers, etc.
- Moderate to advanced knowledge of plant floor automation control systems (PLC/DCS/SCADA) and controls engineering fundamentals, including experience with controls/automation systems integration, spanning legacy (hardwired/Modbus) to current (Ethernet IP/OPC UA).
- Must have strong verbal and written skills and proficient in setting and managing customer expectation.
- Can explain and present complex technical ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences at all levels up to the highest in a persuasive and convincing manner.
- Use of vendor or industry sources to identify opportunities or problems. Produce data-driven impact analysis and incorporate into technology plans.
- Uses appropriate tools to collect, correlate and analyze data; records and maintains technical data for use in developing operating and instruction manuals. Conducts tests; develops preliminary findings for review by experienced analysts.
- Assists in the development of standards and procedures. Prepares written reports of work and conducts training.
- Applies analytical thinking skills to diagnose and make recommendations on systems. Incorporates knowledge of business and technology to make recommendations. Translates data gathered from user discussions into business requirements. Identifies business/system needs and recommends solutions.
- Strong project management skills, including accounting/finance controls.
- Engineering skills related to Electrical/P&ID drawing review, programming, specification development, etc.
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical cGMP practices as they relate to IT/OT systems, including understanding of standards such as S88, S95, GAMP, and others
- Relevant experience in manufacturing environments including bulk chemical/pharmaceutical processing and/or final packaging operations.
Additional Job Functions:
- Provides indirect support for other systems, such as POMSnet, SAP and other. Has large usage of these systems and requires a moderate MES/SAP knowledge/skill set.
- Resolving technical issues and coordinating with appropriate groups within (i.e. Business users) and outside of the company (i.e. consultants, software vendors, etc.). Escalating issues as appropriate.
- Leading effort to translate business requirements into business process, technical requirements and design specifications using industry standard tools and methodologies.
- Understanding and promoting data governance, data reuse and good data management practices.
- Evaluating, defining, and recommending solution alternatives to meet the business needs and maximize reuse.
- Helping the business make business savvy decisions regarding risks, costs, measures of success, and financial justification, Return on Investment (ROI) by making informed tradeoffs during the solution definition process.
- Providing input into business capability roadmap through partnership with business groups and maintaining technology roadmaps through partnership with solution and technology vendors. Coordinates and facilitates testing and end-user training.
- Developing findings and preparing summary presentations for management review.
- Using data analysis tools (i.e. Excel, Cognos, SQL, or other application analytic packages) to support reporting needs and resolve data issues.
- Coordinating and facilitating project implementation and stabilization phases.
- Achieve a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas, keeping abreast of current developments and trends in area of expertise.
- Understand internal and external business dynamics, business process complexity and business implications.
- Ability to perform solution alternative analysis, vendor evaluation and articulate risks and financial benefit.
- Ability to understand technology trends and utilization of new or existing technology.
- Have technical awareness to analyze trends and outputs (i.e. defects and enhancements).
- Ability to evaluate all aspects of impact - business process, data analysis, reporting and analytics.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Analyzes departmental processes and needs, makes recommendations that are most effective means to satisfy those needs. Analyses the most complex work procedures and job methods and presents concepts to simplify those procedures.
- Works effectively with team/group to accomplish organizational goals. Actively participates in client or team meetings by offering suggestions. Provides leadership to project planning.
Significant Work Activities
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.