Associate Director, Global Brand Analytics and Insights
Ready to join a team committed to developing and commercializing gene therapies for patients and families devastated by rare neurological genetic diseases? Since 2013, Novartis Gene Therapies (formerly AveXis) has had one focus: bringing change to those devastated by genetic diseases.
The Novartis Gene Therapies culture embraces this mission. As a compassionate and dedicated team, we are enthusiastic about the science behind our work and finding answers to difficult questions. We are dedicated to communities affected by rare diseases, and these patients and families are the motivation for everything we do.
We have built a team with exceptional depth of experience, unified by a common vision; to develop gene therapies with the potential to positively impact the lives of the patients and families devastated by rare and life-threatening neurological genetic diseases. Though we are proud of what we have achieved to date, we remain relentlessly focused on making that vision a reality.
The Associate Director, Business Analytics is responsible for developing and implementing Sales Operations strategies/tactics that optimize performance of the Marketing, Sales, and Market Access functions to ensure the successful launch and growth of AVXS-101. This position plays a key role with consultants, data supply vendors, etc.
- Leads Global market research for Zolgensma , and works with local market to develop ZOLGENSMA primary market research.
- Develops annual and long-range market research and analytics plans to support development of brand strategy including market landscape, promo development testing (positioning, concepts, messaging), ATU, and barrier identification.
- Manages competitor intelligence in US market for inline product.
- Develops global brand performance dashboard and conduct ROI analysis via patient data. Leveraged patient level claims data and mapped to sales force target lists to measure execution of programs, assess impact, identify continuing barriers and continually improve ROI
- Synthesis and communication of key insights to Brand and Global leadership.
- Conducts brand ad hoc analysis to monitor brand performance and insights.
- Maintains industry awareness regarding market trends, competition, and product acceptance affecting the functional area.
- Leeds primary market research for brand lifecycle initiatives
- Manages secondary data sources (e.g., Symphony, SteepRock KOL Profiling, PolicyReporter, HUB data, etc.) used to support the commercial and sales teams.
- Conducts ad-hoc data analysis and reporting within our commercial data warehouse.
- Instills a culture of ethics and integrity and ensures compliance with all applicable policies and regulations.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- B.S. in mathematics, statistics, or other analytics-related degree prefer.
- 10 years experience in pharmaceutical commercial data, and analytics.
- 5 years Market research experience.
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical data sources and their application to support business decisions. Experience utilizing limited/ sub-optimal data to gain insights in specialty pharmaceutical products or orphan/ rare diseases.
- Ability to combine primary data sources and secondary market research insights to support sales and marketing strategies and forecasting.
- Demonstrated business acumen, proven ability in translating ideas into concepts, gaining budget and delivering results on budget and on time.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong PC and software skills including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Exceptional organizational, time, and task management skills. Ability to prioritize critical tasks and maintain high degree of accuracy amid competing deadlines.
- Team player with the ability to work collaboratively in a global, matrix organization.
- Entrepreneurial, decisive, and have the tenacity to "make things happen."
- Strong interpersonal skills and persuasiveness.
- Effective communication and presentation skills.
- Approximate 5-10% domestic travel.
The level of this position will be based on the final candidate's qualifications.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Novartis Gene Therapies is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.