Director/Associate Director Commercial Planning
Ciao! At Dompé , our success is rooted in our team and our history. We are a private, rapidly growing global biopharmaceutical company. Founded in Milan, Italy, we have a 165-year legacy of medical innovation. Dompé’s rich history has greatly influenced its priorities today: to innovate for the benefit of patients facing both everyday wellness needs and rare conditions. Dompé operates in two strategic areas in select markets around the world: Primary Care, which includes prescription and over-the-counter products; and Biotechnology and Rare Disease, which recently expanded into the United States.
Today Dompé has 700 employees worldwide and we are excited to be rapidly scaling in the United States. Our R&D hub is currently based in Boston, and the commercial organization is housed in the San Francisco Bay Area.
YOUR ROLE AT DOMPÉ
The Director/Associate Director of Commercial Planning (level depending on experience) reports to the Senior Vice President, Marketing and Market Access and will provide analysis to drive decision making on products in our pipeline. In addition, this person will be responsible helping to shape our pre-launch activities and planning. Solid analytical, problem solving, communication, and cross-functional collaboration skills are required.Key responsibilities:
- Develop the company’s perspective on the market landscape in therapeutic areas of interest (i.e., diabetes, oncology, etc.), identify potential changes in market dynamics, critical business issues, and opportunities for growth. Leverage public information, commercially available reports, and conduct primary market research to inform the analysis.
- Create a range of epidemiology and patient-based forecasts for pipeline products and assets under consideration for in-licensing. Right-size the level of the analysis based on the status of the asset and the decisions to be made.
- Develop scientific expertise in target therapeutic areas and add commercial perspective to discussions related to key drug development decisions, including indication strategy and trial design.
- Design primary market research, and in some cases conduct expert interviews under CDA, to inform the development of target product profiles and forecast / adoption curves. You will also be responsible for developing the forecast models (including the key assumptions).
- You will have a global view in this role and be responsible for informing our global strategy around our pipeline products. Thus, this will require knowledge of regulatory, access, and reimbursement process in key geographies.
- Responsible for global pricing assumptions and considerations for the pipeline products, specifically what assumptions drive the recommendation informed by market research or expert advice.
- Leverage analogues, monte carlo simulation, probability modeling, and other decision analysis tools to provide range of potential outcomes and help the company frame decision options in the face of uncertainty.
- Frame your output and effectively communicate results. A key skill set will be the capability to frame various options and tradeoffs that are able to be used for decision making across cross functional teams.
We are seeking team members who will live by and promote the core values of our Dompé culture: Integrity, Teamwork and Curiosity. We are looking for individuals who possess an entrepreneurial spirit, flexible attitude, and adaptable nature to join our growing team.BUILDING INTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS: WHO THE DIR/ASSOC DIR, COMMERCIAL PLANNING WORKS WITH WITHIN DOMPÉ
- Executive team including GMs/Country Heads (i.e., China, Italy, US)
- Clinical development
- Market access
- Business development
- Market research vendors
- Key opinion leaders and other experts
- Three or more years work experience in business development, strategic consulting or other analytical work in the pharmaceutical, biotech or related industries
- Global experience specifically around go-to-market strategies and access / reimbursement / pricing
- MBA or other related graduate-level degree is preferred with an undergraduate degree in science or business
- Experience in a “start-up” environment
- Exceptional analytical skills, including the ability to triangulate various sources of information
- Strategic agility and a track record of delivering insights to drive decision making in a drug development context
- Excellent professional written and verbal communications skills
- Experience developing Excel-based models and quantitative analysis, and delivering output to drive executive team decision making
- Skilled collaborator who is sought out as analytical expert and strategic thought partner
- Critical thinker who is comfortable making recommendations when all of the information is not available
- Self-starter who can thrive in a fast paced and challenging environment, and is able to effectively balance multiple priorities
- Energized by the opportunity to develop productive working relationships within the U.S. organization and globally
- Understands and appreciates the value created by seeking diverse perspectives and approaches from the team
- Comprehensive medical benefits: we value access to healthcare for our patients as well as our employees
- Generous vacation / holiday time off: we care about our employees and encourage a balanced lifestyle
- Competitive 401(K) matching
- Bay Area office with great views, located in vibrant downtown San Mateo and within walking distance to restaurants, coffee shops, and the Cal Train
- A super cool team who’s excited to transform lives through innovative therapies
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.