Director, Global Value & Access - Alzheimer's Disease
At Eisai, satisfying unmet medical needs and increasing the benefits healthcare provides to patients, their families, and caregivers is Eisai’s human health care (hhc) mission. We’re a growing pharmaceutical company that is breaking through in neurology and oncology, with a strong emphasis on research and development. Our history includes the development of many innovative medicines, notably the discovery of the world's most widely-used treatment for Alzheimer’s disease. As we continue to expand, we are seeking highly-motivated individuals who want to work in a fast-paced environment and make a difference. If this is your profile, we want to hear from you.
The incumbent will be an integral member of the Global Value & Access (GV&A) team of Alzheimer’s Disease Franchise (ADF). The main responsibility of the incumbent will be supporting GV&A strategic planning and help with operationalization of key initiatives within regional and local affiliates, including country-level Market Access, HTA/HEOR, Medical Affairs, Policy, Advocacy, and other related functional teams. The key functional activities of this position include: (a) timely implementation of the global Market Access roadmap to achieve predetermined milestones in support of product launch readiness in Alzheimer’s disease; (b) timeline mapping of payer/HTA engagement for key global markets and establish a global database to collect, validate, and coordinate stakeholders’ engagement and responses to market challenges in close collaboration with regional and local Market Access management teams; and (c) contribution in value creation and value demonstration of Alzheimer’s disease assets and represents GV&A perspective into early clinical development programs and product portfolio.
The incumbent will coordinate the ADF GV&A efforts on disease awareness programs, value and access narratives, and product benefit-risk profiling activities by partnering with the ADF Brand management/marketing and medical functions to ensure timely dissemination of scientific evidence through peer-reviewed publications, as well as clinical or scientific conferences in support of payer’s evidence needs, especially for clinical and value assessments used for reimbursement decision-making and product coverage. The incumbent will continue monitoring global market dynamics, especially as a result of new therapeutic programs, product launch(es), and evolution of healthcare ecosystems in Alzheimer’s and other dementias, as well as payer/HTA trends to support proactive ADF GV&A strategic and tactical planning.
The incumbent is expected to be a team player, and an advocate for quality, compliance, professionalism, and core corporate values at Eisai. He/she will be participating as a team member in ADF GV&A planning and operations in payer engagement, value demonstration, pricing research, evidence development, designing and implementing real world retrospective and prospective studies, economic modeling and communications, patient assistance, dossier development and submission, HTA methodology development, collaboration with alliance partner, and potential engagements with ICER.
* Participation in ADF GV&A planning and coordination with regional and local market access management teams on Value and Access activities 35%* Drive alignment across complex matrix of Clinical, Medical Affairs, Commercial and Value & Access functions as well as local country affiliates to deliver an integrated global payer perspective.
* Serve as the subject matter expert on HEOR, pricing and reimbursement at the leadership team and provide key input the Clinical Development plan and global Regulatory plans.
* Partner with regional and country Market Access and Value teams in support of regional and country access needs, payer or HTA engagement, and assessment of product coverage and reimbursement gaps.
* Engage in alliance collaborative activities, communications, and budget tracking and management.
* Partner with ADF Marketing, Medical, Clinical Development, Diagnostics, Patient Advocacy, and Alliance teams to align on Brand strategy and advance disease awareness, policy, patient/caregiver advocacy, and quality initiatives.
* Coordinate with regional/local access teams for payer/HTA outreach and develop a stakeholder database to collect, validate, and assess stakeholder environment and Access barriers/gaps and identify opportunities to influence reimbursement decision-making and product coverage.
* Partner with healthcare provider groups and agencies to identify barriers in patient access due to early identification, diagnostics, specialist assessment, therapeutic treatment, and outcomes monitoring.
* Partner with global internal and external stakeholders to identify needs for innovative pricing models, in anticipation of potential launches of multiple AD DMTs with various mechanism of action, route of administration and delivery, dosing regimens and value profiles.
* Partner with local account executives and medical liaisons to address payer/HTA challenges and stakeholder evidence needs and help identify appropriate data sources in support of patient access to innovative medicine.
* Tactical Planning and Operationalization of Product Value Profiling and Access Programs 50%
* Lead GV&A initiatives and drive high quality evidence generation methodologies and execution of timely deliverables to build product benefit-risk Value Profiles to timely fulfill payer/HTA product evaluation needs for coverage and reimbursement. Lead development of Global Market Access narratives in coordination with ADF Brand management/Marketing, Medical, Regulatory, and regional/local Access management teams.
* Conduct systematic literature reviews, comparative effectiveness assessments, and indirect treatment comparisons to identify evidence gaps, opportunities for strategic evidence generation and areas of value differentiation.
* Develop economic models and reports both for cost-effectiveness and budget impact analyses, as well as strong understanding of economic modelling methods, extrapolations and sensitivity analyses.
* Lead development of Global Value dossiers and coordinate with regions and countries on local adaptation.
* Coordinate with regions and countries on payer/HTA engagement.
* Outreach to provider groups of both primary care and specialty services and address system constraints, capacity limitations, clinical guideline challenges, and other coverage and reimbursement barriers.
* Compile Value and Access stakeholder engagement materials, models, and tools and prepare for country reimbursement review and approval for pre- or post-launch communications.
* Potentially coordinate and partner with ICER and other HTA agencies to participate in economic and value assessments of AD DMTs, and to optimize the payer/HTA impact of product economic assessments.
* Partner with Marketing, Finance, Regulatory, Legal/Compliance teams to develop and implement Patient Assistance Programs and/or other initiatives to facilitate patient access to the innovative AD therapeutic or diagnostic technology.
* Closely collaborate with other team members of ADF GV&A on scientific dissemination and publication of disease burden, clinical practice patterns, risk identification and prediction, therapeutic response profiling, and outcomes projections.
* Innovation, Compliance, and Professional Development 15%
* Continued expansion of Value and Access horizon by cultivating innovative approaches to address stakeholder needs and market challenges for patient access.
* Review business development opportunities from a market access perspective ensuring the reimbursability and pricing potentials of the assessed opportunity.
* Inform ideas and options through effective engagement with external experts, HTA agencies, methodology and policy forums, and by leveraging knowledge of the external policy and decision maker environment, enabling more efficient evidence development and /or optimizing demonstration of differentiation for both discovery assets and later medicines in development.
* Continued training and knowledge assimilation of evolving global, regional, and local legal/policy environment and developing a compliance mindset across global markets.
* Continued advancements in professional growth by increasing new knowledge and skills in global payer markets and stakeholder interfaces, and by introducing state-of-the-art working paradigm for value formulation and communications.
* Education: MS or MBA required; PhD, MD, or PharmD preferred
* Experience: 7+ years relevant access and value experiences in the pharmaceutical / healthcare industry or consultancy
* Degree in medicine, pharmacy, life sciences, economics or epidemiology.
* A postgraduate degree such as Masters, MPH, or PhD in the area of Health Outcomes, Health Economics, or Health Services.
* Minimum of 7 years of experience in health economics/outcomes.
* Knowledge of Alzheimer’s Disease and other types of dementia is preferred.
* Hands on experience of economic modeling, and HTA relevant statistical methodologies.
* Competence in carrying out a variety of HEOR studies using a range of standard techniques including PRO validation, SLRs, ITC, and NMA.
* Solid understanding of global payer markets.
* Good understanding of US and key ex-US healthcare ecosystems.
* Solid background in the design and conduct of HTA in and proven record of achieving local market access and favorable pricing in HTA driven markets such as UK, Sweden, Canada, or Australia.
* Global or US V&A experiences is required.
* Prelaunch/Launch experience is required.
* Knowledge and experience of clinical development and product life cycle management.
* Project and budget management experience.
* Knowledge and experience of vendor management.
* Broad therapeutic experience in the biopharmaceutical industry is highly desired.
* Strategic thinking and strong conceptual power.
* Strong knowledge of legal and regulatory environment of healthcare industry.
* Strong communication skills.
* Scientific writing and presentation skills.
Eisai is an equal opportunity employer and as such, is committed in policy and in practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. Similarly, considering the need for reasonable accommodations, Eisai prohibits discrimination against persons because of disability, including disabled veterans.
Eisai Inc. participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security in partnership with the Social Security Administration that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of all new hires in the United States. Please click on the following link for more information:
Right To Work
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: