Sr Manager, Forecasting, Ophthalmology
Working at Horizon is more than a job - it's personal. For us, success is measured by the numbers that matter most - the number of lives we touch, the number we change and those we work tirelessly to help save. We're a team of agile, out-of-the-box thinkers who are inspired to do more because we know we're a part of something bigger. We strive to build meaningful careers at a company whose values we share because when we live up to our potential, we help others live up to theirs.
Accountable for the end-to-end demand and net revenue forecasting process, leveraging primary and secondary data to construct accurate and actionable forecasts. Collect input and assumptions from various teams within the organization, including sales, marketing, trade, and market access. Define opportunities and risks associated with the forecast. Use the latest forecasting tools, technologies and methods to improve forecast accuracy.
Success in this position will require a problem-solving orientation, data analysis expertise, and the ability to collaborate within a cross-functional team. The ideal candidate will have proven success in managing multiple complex pieces of data analysis and translating that analysis into actionable commercial insights that can be dialed into a forecast.
- Create annual brand forecast and monthly updates for latest best estimate
- Closely track actuals against key forecast assumptions and determine reasons for variance
- Forecast any potential life cycle management activities
- Own clear territory-level view of ongoing sales performance
- Ensure Tech Ops and Supply Chain teams have accurate quantities to manufacture
- Effectively communicate results of forecast, assumptions and rationale for decisions to senior leadership and investor relations
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- BA/BS in Analytics, Business, Economics, Statistics, Math or other quantitative discipline
- Master's degree preferred
- 7+ years of experience in forecasting, finance, data analysis, strategy consulting or other quantitative fields
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and strategically, identify key issues, opportunities, and value drivers, and effectively translate strategic insights into an appropriate analytical framework to drive business decisions
- Ability to prioritize decisions and activities, ensure efficient use of resources, and take a holistic view of the business in order to ensure efficiencies and alignment with cross-functional stakeholders
- Forward-thinking, with strong ability to influence multi-disciplinary teams
- Ability to work well with all levels of employees and demonstrate strong teaming and partnering skills
- Experience in biotech / pharmaceuticals preferred but not required
- Direct experience with forecasting is a plus
- Expert at: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Proficiency in: SQL, SAS, Access, and other analytical / reporting tools
Horizon Core Values & Competencies:
- Manages Ambiguity
- Strategic Mindset
- Demonstrates Self-awareness
- Cultivates Innovation
- Develops Talent
- Drives Results
- Ensures Accountability
- Decision Quality
- Instills Trust
Horizon Therapeutics plc does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. It is our intention that all qualified applications are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors. Any individual, who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing this application or at any time during the application process, should contact the Human Resources Department.