Bioinformatics Software Engineer
Are you ready to join our mission to enhance protein optimization and production? Do you have a passion for applying innovative technology to create novel products? Come be part of the Codexis, Inc. team where every day we get to unlock the power of proteins®!
Since 2002, Codexis’ scientists and bioinformatics experts have worked collaboratively with our customers to do just that, enabling breakthrough developments for applications across multiple industries! As Codexis expands its footprint we are in constant need to find new ways to diversify applications of our CodeEvolverTM protein engineering platform.
But we can’t do it without YOU!
To help us reach our goals we are looking to hire a Bioinformatics Software Engineer to join our Computational Biology group.
If any of the below describes you, we would love to meet you!
- Does developing software for cutting edge technology excite you?
- Are you eager to combine your software development skills with your understanding and knowledge of biology?
- Can you see yourself working in a small company with amazing products, along with great corporate culture and vibe?
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Strong Object-oriented programming skills, with experience programming in Java.
- Experience with user interface development (preferably using Java Swing, AWT, and/or JavaFX).
- Knowledge of SQL databases, including but not limited to Oracle, PostgreSQL, and/or MySQL.
- Knowledge of scientific computing, statistics, and/or machine learning.
- Ability to oversee the development of software through a complete development cycle.
- Knowledge of multi-tiered enterprise applications desired.
- Experience working with multiple operating systems, including Linux and Windows.
- Experience communicating with scientists a plus
- An understanding of molecular biology is desired
To be successful in this role, your background and experience should include:
- BS in Bioinformatics, Biology, Chemistry, Computer science, or similar field.
- Solid programming skills in Java, C, or C++.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- A team player that is comfortable collaborating with many individuals across the company.
- Ability to translate ideas into visual software implementations.
- Strong organizational skills.
What can Codexis offer you? (besides an amazing and collaborative culture?)
- Full benefits on your first day
- 100% match on 401k (up to 4%)
- Generous flex time off
- Fitness reimbursement
- Free fitness classes
- Back up child/dependent care
- Commuter vouchers
- Much more!
NO AGENCIES OR THIRD PARTIES
Codexis is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status.