Sr. Scientist Analytical Development
Are you ready to join our mission to enhance protein optimization and production? Do you have a passion for applying innovative technology to create novel products? Come be part of the Codexis, Inc team where every day we get to unlock the power of proteins®!
Since 2002, Codexis’ scientists and bioinformatics experts have worked collaboratively with our clients to do just that, enabling breakthrough developments for applications across multiple industries! As Codexis expands its footprint we are in constant need to find new ways to diversify applications of our CodeEvolverTM protein engineering platform.
But we can’t do it without YOU!
As Codexis expands its footprint we are in constant need to find new ways to diversify applications of our CodeEvolverTM protein engineering platform. To help us meet this goal we are looking to hire a Sr. Scientist, Analytical Development to join our Analytical Development team. As part of this creative and critical thinking team you will develop assays and characterize proteins for industrial enzymes and biotherapeutics candidates
If any of the below describes you, we would love to meet you!
- Are you an experienced analytical development scientist who is passionate about applying technology in new ways?
- Do you thrive in an environment where you can be creative in developing ways to reach the end goal?
- Does being part of a collaborative and dynamic group of talented professionals excite you?
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Working Independently to design and carry out method development and validation following ICH Q2 for release and stability assays for Codexis products
- Designing, developing and validating bioassays for PK, PD and ADA
- Independently developing and executing analytical strategies to solve process development, product development and translational study problems
- Providing analytical consultation and support to project teams
- Designing and execute physicochemical characterization and pre-formulation studies
- Preparing test methods, protocols, summary reports and technical documentation
- Troubleshooting HPLC and analytical instrumentation problems
- Maintaining knowledge of new emerging techniques and equipment to add to the knowledge pool of the group and provide input for all ongoing development programs and instrument acquisitions
- Working with other project team members and communicating results with the team
- Providing development guidance to analysts in the group
To be successful in this role, your background and experience should include:
- PhD with post-doctoral experience, preferably in immunology, cell biology, molecular biology or related field with a strong emphasis on protein biochemistry; 15+ years of relevant industry experience preferred
- Experience in development of CMC sections of regulatory filings
- Experience with protein characterization and enzyme-based assays is required
- Thorough knowledge of HPLC method development and instrumentation
- Demonstrated expertise in the independent design and execution of analytical development projects
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
What can Codexis offer you? (besides an amazing and collaborative culture?)
- Full benefits on day your first day
- 100% match on 401k
- Generous flex time off
- Fitness reimbursement
- Free fitness classes
- Back up child/dependent care
- Commuter vouchers
- Much more!
NO AGENCIES OR THIRD PARTIES
Codexis is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status.