Associate Director, Workplace Relations
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
The Associate Director, Workplace Relations - Diversity & Inclusion will assist with the review, development and implementation of processes, policies and procedures for intake, investigation and timely resolution of workplace and employee relations reports submitted to the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion function - in coordination with the existing Employee Relations teams. This role will report directly to the Chief Equity Officer with dotted line to the Vice President of Employee Relations.
The Associate Director, will be responsible for facilitating and/or executing the delivery of workplace and employee relations services to employees and managers that have submitted ED&I workplace concerns from around the globe. This position will provide a single point of contact for efficiently providing highly accessible expert employee relations interface across multiple businesses and countries. The Associate Director, Workplace Relations will be responsible for proactive and responsive approaches to employee relations issues that support a positive and productive work environment. This position ensures compliance with all relevant country laws, regulations, policies and practices.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Ensure professional service is provided at all times in accordance with the AbbVie Principles, as well as expectations and guidelines of the ER department.
- Independently conduct investigations and gather information regarding employee relations matters such as workplace issues, harassment and discrimination allegations, employee disputes and other concerns
- Provide expert consultative coaching and problem solving services to managers, employees, Business HR and OEC partner regarding related policies and practices.
- Focused management of direct reports
- Assist with the development and implementation of processes and procedures for intake, investigation and timely resolution of reports submitted to ED&I
- Develop and implement proactive steps to address and resolve employee complaints and grievances
- Conduct exit interviews, summarize findings, and discuss trends and concerns with senior management
- Continually pursue ways to improve existing policies and procedures around the management of ER cases with emphasis on ED&I themes and a focus on efficiency and suitability for scale
- Create and deliver ER training (related topics - e.g. respectful workplace) to a variety of audiences in the business.
- Ensure detailed and complete recordkeeping related to investigations, discipline and termination related to EEO, affirmative action, collective bargaining, unions, labor relations and human resources
- Effectively and accurately maintains confidential ER data in both systems and other filing mechanisms.
- Ability to identify and manage risk.
- Manage metrics and reporting for the team
- Define, lead and/or manage projects, which may include multi-functional teams.
- Demonstrates ability to plan, organize and execute to a credible, robust process with the goal of achieving the best path forward possible.
- Takes a broad view of the problem looking at all alternatives and assesses impact on other groups before applying a solution.
- Facilitates gaining alignment from multiple functions and resolves disagreements independently Appropriately documents information related to cases and recommended outcomes.
- Knowledge must address diverse and difficult problems or situations across multiple businesses and locations around the world
- Effective at translating broader principles or the spirit of the guidelines / practices to the current situation and determine recommendation.
- Anticipates, identifies and meets internal and external customer needs/expectations.
- Effectively anticipates the unintended consequences and broader impact of decisions.
- Build and foster relationships with the business. Manages expectations and delivers results.
- Work closely with customers to jointly design solutions, balancing business, employee and legal needs.
- Identifies critical factors in a particular situation, identifies alternate courses of action and makes recommendations based upon all available facts.
- Cultivates strong business relationships with Business HR partners around the world in order to facilitate successful resolutions.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business, Employee Relations or related field. Master's in Business or related field preferred.
- Strong organizational skills that include taking appropriate action to move open cases forward to resolution in a timely manner.
- Knowledge in MS Office - Windows environment.
- Minimum of 8-10 years' work experience in Employee Relations and/or Business HR experience
- Global Experience in Employee Relations is strongly preferred
Significant Work Activities
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.