Senior Analyst, Workday Solutions
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
As an AbbVie Human Resource (HR) professional, you'll be a trusted partner helping to shape our culture, support our business strategies and be among the talent necessary to make a remarkable impact on AbbVie and patients around the world.
We seek to fully develop our employees' skills so that we can leverage AbbVie's diversity of opinions, cultures and experiences in all that we do. You will leverage best-in-class HR practices to continually construct, deliver and support programs that establish AbbVie as an employer of choice while empowering all employees at all levels of the organization.
AbbVie is looking for a versatile professional to join the team as a Senior Analyst, HR Business Solutions to partner closely with business leaders within the organization to assist with process-related and reporting-related matters including designing, implementing, and managing reports and processes in Workday and other HR systems that support our business needs.
This position will be based in North Chicago, IL.
- Provide data analysis and recommendations, as part of monthly and adhoc reports
- Respond to user and compliance requests with accurate and complete data reports
- Produce ad hoc reports as required, often combining data from multiple sources to achieve desired results
- Meet with customers to gather requirements for new reports or enhancements to existing reports and translate them into solutions
- Help clients resolve reporting issues requiring in depth expertise in the Workday solution and in other systems
- Develop and execute reports in Workday, and other HR systems
- Maintain HR data integrity by proactively conducting audits and analyzing data transactions
- Ensure proper security and privacy controls are captured in all report functional requirements specifications documents
- Support of mass upload requests
System / Processes / Documentation
- Define, document and maintain business processes, requirements, and policies
- Identify opportunities for business process improvements and make recommendations as appropriate
- Participate in system testing to validate the rollout of new functionality
- Support upgrades, enhancements, testing, validation and overall performance of systems; analyze software releases to assess impact of new features.
- Provide technical support and serve as a subject matter expert/create and provide training to educate system end users on how to navigate and use the system as needed.
- Develop and manage the project plan, logging and tracking issues, and resolving or escalating issues as appropriate. Identify and proactively manage project risks
- Responsible for completing independent projects within defined deadlines
- Support HR related initiatives as needed
- Other projects as assigned
- Keep service center/AbbVie ticket system up to date and work tickets daily
- Work with minimal oversight on vendor management, analytics, and project management
- Keep management informed of vendor performance issues or potential employee impacts
- B.S. degree in Business, Human Resources, Information Systems, Computer Science or related area
- 5+ years hands-on HRIS experience
- 3+ years of report writing experience with enterprise reporting tools for ERP systems (SAP, Oracle, or PeopleSoft reporting tools, SQL)
- 1+ years of experience with data warehousing and business intelligence software (Cognos, OBIEE, MicroStrategy, SAP Business Warehouse, Informatica, etc.)
- Extensive knowledge of building reports for HRMS
- Familiarity with big data concepts and analytics tools
- Experience with development and delivery of HR metrics/Executive dashboards
Workday / HCM
- Strong working knowledge of Workday Human Capital Management applications including HCM Fundamentals, HR Business Processes, Report Writer, Studio, Workday EIB's
- Understanding of data modeling concepts with an ability to manipulate data using software tools and SQL
Other - Systems
- High Proficiency in all Microsoft products, including Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to learn technology quickly through instruction and self-training
- Learns fast, grasps the essence and can change the course quickly where indicated
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously
- Ability to work in diverse, fast paced environment and effectively collaborate across teams
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Must be able to work independently and work well on internal and external teams
- Must demonstrate flexibility and have experience working with different types of organizations including vendor partners, consultants, providers, clients, etc.
- Solid knowledge of HR systems, structure, functions, and processes
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal as well as verbal and written communication skills
- Project management experience
- Individual contributor. No supervisory responsibilities;
- Experience in the following is a plus: data warehouse, contracting, financial analysis, consulting, project management, account management, vendor management
- Previous work experience with Workday
- Experience using a large ERP system; systems implementation or configuration experience will be useful
- Experience implementing Workday, SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft or similar ERP applications;
Key AbbVie Competencies
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality;
Significant Work Activities
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.