Associate Manager, Desktop Technician
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
Direct line supervision of technical resources. Drive performance and quality for continuous improvement. Escalation point for issues, Client relationship management.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Provides leadership for the departments and conducts annual PEx reviews, growth planning, mentoring.
- Act as an escalation point for technical and non technical issues, including client issue escalation. Works directly with client management to resolve issues.
- Monitors metrics to ensure SLA's OLA's are being met and takes corrective actions when these are not being met.
- Monitors metrics, activities and issues to come up with service improvements. Creates proposal and business cases with options to submit to management and client groups.
- Manages the day to day relationships with the client groups. Escalates higher profile issues to IT management.
- Manages the resources of the department, include planning, hiring and budgeting as appropriate.
- Responsible for ensuring team members are trained (no delinquencies, and in compliance with Corporate policies and procedures.
- Works independantly without direction for day to day activities. Manages through most client and techincal issues. Decisions that impact the group. Highly complex work activities covering technical, financial and quality aspects and contributing to formulation of IT strategy. Work involves creative application of wide range of technical and / or management principles. Impacts the performance of a group of technicians and the clients that they support.
- Bachelor's Degree. No advanced degree required. Industry certifications.
- At least 7, typically 10 or more years of experience.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.