Associate Scientist/Scientist, protein purification
Position: Research Associate/Scientist
We are seeking a highly motivated Research Associate/Scientist to join our Protein Therapeutics team. This position offers an opportunity to work on early development and characterization of new protein therapeutics.
The successful candidate will:
- Purify antibodies and fusion proteins using standard chromatography techniques to enable development of downstream process steps.
- Possess a detailed understanding of major analytical methods/techniques used for protein characterization: protein quantitation, electrophoresis and isoelectrofocusing, ion exchange and size exclusion HPLC/UPLC, ELISA. Knowledge of glycan profiling would be a plus.
- Be effective in communication and collaboration with other team members.
- Apply attention to detail and timelines.
- Prepare and present reports to supervisor in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in biotechnology/protein chemistry/chemical engineering or other relevant areas.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in protein purification (AKTA) and characterization.
- Comprehensive knowledge of protein purification using column chromatography techniques.
- Knowledge of protein analytical techniques.