Director, State Government Relations (Northwest)
The Director, State Government Relations is responsible for initiating and managing a range of government relations and public affairs projects to favorably influence the public policy environment in support of Pfizer's business objectives. Working with the Vice President, State Government Relations, the public affairs/activation team, and the broader Corporate Affairs team to include Advocacy and Policy colleagues, the Director, Government Relations, participates in strategy and execution of plans to impact government officials, opinion leaders, and the public at large about issues related to Pfizer and the pharmaceutical industry
- Responsible for the overall monitoring of state government legislation and regulations that affect the operations of Pfizer in Washington, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming and Hawaii
- Implement a sustained course of action to influence legislation and regulations
- Supervise Pfizer grassroots and political action programs designed to influence the public policy environment
- Manage issues and develop strategies for state-based, public-funded programs that provide pharmaceutical coverage in order to ensure patients' access to medicines and to promote Pfizer's business objectives. Help align Pfizer public policy strategies on these programs with Pfizer's business goals
- Assist and coordinate the development, implementation and execution of specific lobbying and public affairs campaigns tailored to specific issues. Collaborate with other Pfizer team members, contract lobbyists and third-party stakeholders to achieve total programming in these campaigns.
- Maximize impact of advocacy efforts in region by working with Advocacy colleagues and other internal and external groups
- Maximize impact of Pfizer's grassroots capabilities, in-state presence and PAC activities in the region
- Identify and analyze emerging political and policy issues in the region
- Supervise all outreach and communication directed at state and local policymakers
Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact.
- Bachelor's Degree required; advanced degree preferred
- 8+ years experience in government or government relations, including ideally involvement with earned media and/or advocacy, grassroots and political campaigns or activities
- Creative and innovative approach to issues management desired.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to work as part of cross-functional teams
- Strong oral and written communication skills required
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Frequent travel required in the region as well as occasional travel outside the region to company meetings, conferences, etc.
Other Job Details
- Virtual role may be based anywhere in the US
- Eligible for an Employee Referral Bonus
- Last Date to Apply for Job: November 6, 2020
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Public Affairs & Communication