HR Operations Associate Director
The HR Operations Associate Director is responsible for the execution and implementation of the company’s total rewards strategies to attract, engage and retain Rigel’s workforce nationwide. This individual will be responsible for developing programs and policies to align with the corporate business strategy maintaining and/or enhancing competitive market position. In addition, this position is responsible for leading the development of a sustainable and scalable employee data infrastructure through the deployment and use of the company’s HR Information Systems, including web-based and mobile tools for managers and employees, and the management of accurate employee-related data.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide leadership and direction around compensation and benefit programs to ensure competitiveness; recommend and participate in relevant surveys, prepare competitive benchmarking analysis and perform annual incumbent analysis.
- Manage and administer all compensation activities including, but not limited to new hire, transfer and promotion offer, annual compensation review process, corporate incentive plan and field incentive plans (in collaboration with Commercial Leadership).
- Manage and administer all health & welfare plans, retirement plans, and wellness program, including annual renewal process.
- Design a robust evaluation methodology for job evaluation and levelling; ensure accurate job descriptions are available for all positions and partnering with managers to appropriately identify GxP positions.
- Execute strategies to ensure effectiveness of recognition programs, including program promotion, interpretation and usage.
- Collaborate with HR team and line management to provide sound judgment and counsel on compensation, benefits, and leave of absence issues and practices.
- Design, coordinate and implement annual and on-going employee communications and programs to ensure employees continually understand and value their total rewards package.
- Lead and execute on HR systems projects to ensure efficient processes and to minimize redundancy in workload while facilitating a self-service work environment (ex: applicant tracking system, performance management).
- Support VP, HR and collaborate cross-functionally with Legal and Finance to ensure proper management of the Compensation Committee governance process.
- Responsible for leave administration; further develop and ensure all leave related documentation and communication strictly adhere to federal and state (FMLA, CFRA, PDL, ADA, etc.) laws and regulation.
- Design and develop quarterly workforce analytics reports for HR and Executive Committee.
- Conduct new hire orientation and exit interviews.
- Ensure compliance across various labor and employment areas including but not limited to EEO, AAP, FLSA, ERISA, ACA, HIPAA, federal and state statutes, etc. As required, lead employment related audits such as IRS, OFCCP.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of legislation as well as market trends impacting compensation and benefits programs and best practices and be proactive in amending policies and programs.
- Manage focus area with emphasis on maintaining and driving effective internal controls (SOX 404 Compliance) and documenting policies and procedures.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- BA/BS or HR certification with 10 plus years relevant experience in compensation, benefits, HRIS and general HR practices; equivalent combination of degree and less experience may be considered.
- Degree or concentration in Human Resources preferred
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate, design and implement total rewards programs based on market assessment and business strategy
- Proven strong leadership skills including the ability to influence across all levels and functions of an organization
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including ability to tailor communications to match the level of the audience
- Strong collaboration and customer service skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Highly effective decision-making and judgment
- Extensive knowledge of Federal and California Labor Laws and practices
- Flexibility, adaptability and ability to function in a fast paced, changing environment
- Experienced in HR databases
- Experienced in Microsoft Office Suite with emphasis in Excel
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk; sit; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- WORK ENVIRONMENT: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Occasional travel may be required.
Rigel Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by the law.