Chief Medical Officer (CMO), Cell Therapy (CAR T)
• Position: Chief Medical Officer (CMO), Cell Therapy (CAR T)
• Therapy Area(s): Oncology/Cell Therapy
• Company: Small Biotech (start up)
• Location: Initially remote from the US; the company is based in New York; future relocation to Asia (Shanghai, Hong Kong, ..) will be required
• Type: Permanent, full-time
• Salary/Compensation: competitive / market value
• Ref: OM456153
My client is a start-up biotechnology company specializing in Immuno-Oncology with a highly innovative strategy towards Adoptive Cell Therapy. They are at an exciting time in the life cycle and this position would play a major part in ensuring unique and targeted therapies are delivered to patients.
The Chief Medical Officer (CMO) reports to the CEO and will be a key member of the company's executive team, determining the strategic direction of the company in a crucial role with direction across the Clinical Development program.
RESPONSIBILITIES (including but not limited to)
• Setting and directing strategy for all clinical development activities.
• Design of Clinical Trials, including the writing and review of clinical trial plans as well as provision of medical support and academic guidance for the development of CAR T Clinical Trials
• Clinical trial design, writing and review of clinical trial plans, providing academic guidance and medical support for the development of CAR T clinical trials
• Authoring and review of key documents including IBs, ICFs and CRFs
• Support in the formulation of project budgets as well as clinical trial schedules
• Screening of clinical research centers and researchers
• Medical support and review of clinical data and statistics
• Participate in relevant medical conferences
• Able to work in a small company environment, with willingness to "roll up the sleeves" as required to ensure goals are achieved
• MD or equivalent with active board certification in oncology/haematology/immunology other relevant specialization.
• Clinical practice experience in immuno-oncology or autoimmune diseases is desirable.
• Highly experienced in pharma/biotech industry as a sponsor working on investigational new drugs within immuno-oncology cell therapy
• Strong leadership experience across a clinical development program with oversight across relevant groups, including clinical development, medical affairs, clinical operations and pharmacovigilance.
• Successful track record across all phases of clinical development and trial design, as well as successful submission of INDs and relevant marketing approval filings (BLA, NDA, MAA)
• Global experience to include US and APAC regions and relationships with relevant health authorities
• Languages: English is required; an additional language (e.g. Mandarin, Cantonese) is highly desirable
HOW TO APPLY
• Please send an email, with a copy of your CV attached to Oliver Morkel (firstname.lastname@example.org)
• In your email, please include the job reference number OM456153