2021 Reliability Engineering co-op
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
The Energy & Reliability Engineer Co-Op position reports to the Reliability Engineering Supervisor and is responsible for supporting the development, execution, and maintenance of the site Energy Management System (EnMS), Asset reliability program, and associated projects.
- Support the site asset reliability program including asset criticality and maintenance strategy. Works with maintenance and inventory personnel in development of asset critical spare strategy.
- Regular oversight and control of the EnMS, including executing engineering and economic analysis of proposed projects, optimization of existing systems, conducting internal documentation and system audits.
- Work closely with Project Engineering, Controls Engineering, Facilities and Site Operations, Maintenance, and Bioprocess Operations to fulfill primary job responsibilities, and will regularly interface with site engineering management regarding the status of the EnMS and Reliability program.
- Communicate with site personnel to increase employee engagement in the EnMS and Reliability culture.
- Students in BS or MS programs in the field of Chemical, Electrical, Industrial, Mechanical Engineering, Biotechnology, Biology or related programs.
- Completed at least one year of college education before beginning co-op
- Must be enrolled in school the semester following your co-op
- Minimum Cumulative GPA: 3.0/4.0
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis without requiring sponsorship (students on an F1 visa with CPT can be accommodated).
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.