AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
- Plan and coordinate the production, distribution, sales, and shipments of the plant/site. Accountable for on time delivery of materials for Production, and for the shipment of Finished Goods to customers.
- Prepare annual production plan. Factors incorporated into this plan are dynamic, including an evaluation of known and projected customer demands, demand trends, manufacturing and finishing lead times, raw material and finishing supply lead times, inventory investment, and predetermined target levels, and product profit contributions.
- Manage in coordination with the manufacturing department, the activities needed to support the production schedule execution, and finished goods timely delivery.
- Responsible of the MRP of the raw materials. Responsible for Inventory control and establishment, monitoring and justification of proper inventory levels.
- Handle unplanned orders and provide delivery commitments by checking material availability, and maintaining constant communication with Corporate Planning, or directly with customers.
- Minimize raw materials and in-process inventory dollars, providing for high turnover and yet making provisions for continuous production in accordance with the Production Plan.
- Responsible for maintaining the effectiveness of the Quality Systems within the material management department.
- Manage customer and interact with purchasing supply management regarding shipment dates, complaints or product related questions.
- Coordinate implementation and enhancements to the inventory control computer system.
- Coordinate the processing of all sales orders which include lot assignment, and prioritization of weighing sequence.
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Sciences or Engineering. MBA desirable.
- Six (6) years of experience in the Materials Management field, with hands on experience in the following areas: Master Production Scheduling, Inventory Control, Production Activity Control, and Materials Requirement Planning.
- The incumbent must have experience with computerized inventory control systems (SAP) and hands-on experience in Excel, Word, Power Point, etc.
- Must be familiar with the Good Manufacturing Practices.
- A high level of human relations skills to deal with all levels of management and professionals within the company, and interface and negotiate with external agencies.
- Excellent problem solving and decision making abilities . Excellent analytical/statistical skills (able to interpret & provide a broader context to converging information).
- Broad business perspective (able to provide advice and alternatives in financial & non financial matters). The position requires good analytical skills, and ability to make sound judgement, and business decisions. The individual must interpret and evaluate forecasts to establish production plans, evaluate demand vs. capacity constraints, and impact of new products on the plant load.
- The position requires frequent analysis of inventory levels, product mix, service level, and product quality. The individual must be able to work on a multi task ever changing environment, with the ability to maintain flexibility in the overall planning in order to make Plant commitments and goals.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in both English and Spanish.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous walking for prolonged periods (more than 2 hours at a time in an 8 hour day)
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.