Health Technology Assessment Project Manager, Pricing & Access Center of Excellence
The Health Technology Assessment (HTA) Project Manager will play a critical role in Amgen's HTA Pricing & Access Center of Excellence (PACE). As Amgen expands into new markets and HTA proliferates worldwide, the number and complexity of these access and reimbursement submissions is growing substantially. As such, this is a global role that will engage with multiple functions at the global, regional and local affiliate levels across all Amgen's therapeutic areas to ensure cross-functional collaboration, efficient execution and timely delivery.
Under the guidance of the HTA Director Project Management and US Lead, HTA Sr. Project Manager, the Project Manager will actively partner with other members of the HTA team and cross-functional colleagues to manage access and reimbursement deliverables, including US HTA initiatives (ICER assessments, AMCP submissions) and special projects, national reimbursement submissions, response to payer questions (RTQs) and global value dossiers (GVDs).
The primary location for this position is Thousand Oaks, CA; however, there is flexibility for this position to be based remotely.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to drive effective cross-functional team management including meeting facilitation, vendor coordination, internal and external partner collaboration and the creation of project documentation including executive updates, strategy and overview decks, surveys and dashboards to communicate progress/accomplishments to executive leadership.
- Execute robust and efficient processes by using the best internal and external insights for US HTA deliverables and national reimbursement submissions, including strategy meetings, dossier production, critical path activities, governance reviews and translation processes.
- Work closely with Amgen stakeholders to develop and manage high quality, cross-functional timelines/plans to meet country-specific HTA needs (across all targeted markets)
- Ensure alignment of deliverables with overall submission strategy, including partnering with vendors, active risk management as it relates to timelines, and communication planning.
- Prepare metrics and reporting tools that detail progress and HTA COE activity (status slides/dashboards)
- Actively work to improve and strengthen HTA activities by developing a deep understanding of existing functional working process, documents, and key cross-functional interfaces.
Master's degree and 2 years project management experience
Bachelor's degree and 4 years of project management experience
Associate's degree and 10 years of project management experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of project management experience
- Project Management experience in the biopharma industry.
- Experience with multi-level, multi-cultural, cross-functional interpersonal and organizational communications, including exemplary written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Strong background developing timelines, facilitating meetings, managing stakeholders and issuing key communications.
- Comfort with complexity and ambiguity, ability to think strategically and see the big picture, ability to collect, digest and assemble information to enable relevant business analyses and facilitate decision-making.
- Understanding how to navigate and operate in a supportive role in a complex, matrixed organization.
- Ability to multitask and pivot between tasks/approaches/solutions to address urgent deliverables and competing priorities in a very fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- The ability to quickly incorporate feedback/guidance, while following established protocol and applying lessons learned.
- Outstanding attention to detail, professionalism, and executive-level interface experience.
- Experienced skills in MS Project, MS Office, and Smart Sheet
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.