Sr. Automation Engineer
Lonza in Portsmouth, NH is looking for an experienced Sr. Automation Engineer for our new Next Generation Manufacturing Suite. The primary responsibility is to support ongoing operations through technical assistance as it relates to manufacturing and process automation systems. The focus of the role is on ensuring process automation systems are operating as intended to meet the requirements for bio-pharmaceutical manufacturing.
- Support and coach junior technical staff.
- Develop technical knowledge on process automation equipment and processes.
- Responsible and accountable for resolution of all equipment breakdowns and quality issues in the suites involving process automation.
- Provide automation Subject Matter Expert support to Manufacturing and other departments for the design and operation of process equipment.
- Conduct troubleshooting and technical analyses on process automation equipment and processes.
- Act as Controls Engineering Lead for tech transfer of new processes into the facility.
- Bachelor of Science degree in an Engineering discipline. Preferred area of study: Chemical, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering.
- Extensive experience in pharmaceutical/biotech required.
- Substantial experience in the design and operation of process automation systems in Bio-pharmaceutical facilities, both manufacturing and support systems.
- Substantial project management and coordination experience associated with the execution of capital projects in an industrial environment in required.
- Substantial experience with SAP, MES (Manufacturing Enterprise System) integration required. Syncade preferred.
- Experience with automated controls systems, DeltaV is highly desired