Senior Manager / Associate Director G&A IT Solution Delivery, Commercial EMEA
Senior Manager / Associate Director G&A IT Solution Delivery, Commercial EMEA
United Kingdom - Uxbridge
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
The PositionThe role based at the Gilead International HQ in Stockley Park (Uxbridge, UK), is within the IT Solution Delivery organization that supports Commercial Business facing systems, primarily in EMEA but have a reach globally as well. Whilst systems have been developed initially for the EMEA Region, they have extended to Asia, Canada and Latin America.These systems are pre-dominantly to support both sales force effectiveness as well as solutions to support Commercial Operations at an HQ level. Several strategic platforms are utilized which include Veeva CRM, Veeva Event Management, Veeva Vault for Digital Assets, Veeva Vault for Promotional Review (PRC), Salesforce Custom Applications and SharePoint 2013 business applications. Whilst these serve as the key capabilities supported for Commercial, over time new technologies/capabilities to support the business as it evolves would be determined.
The role within IT Solution Delivery:
- Serve as the relationship linkage between Gilead's EMEA IT Business Engagement Commercial group who capture Business Needs from the business and who then work with the IT Solution Delivery Group who are responsible and accountable for the delivery of solutions and capabilities to support these business needs.
- Engage with other Gilead Information Technology groups to ensure there is an e2e solution architecture and/or solution stack to support business needs. (Analytics, Integration, downstream/upstream systems)
- Partner with the Service Management (Application Support) teams to both transition solutions into Support as well as act as subject matter experts when critical issues arise.
- The initiatives and projects are a mix of both new investment projects as well as periodic sustainment projects that deliver incremental capability on existing Commercial systems. The position will be for a Technical Lead with strong application/solution architecture skills.
- The position within the IT Solution Delivery organization will support across IT strategy development, solution discovery & design, application architecture, technical delivery management/oversight and relationship management. This is not an IT Project Manager role.
The role requires someone who can understand business needs and translate these into viable and sustainable solutions. There is a need for a mind-set that is equipped for high-valued strategic consulting level support and providing technical guidance throughout key IT initiatives.Responsibilities:
- Will Lead the technical/solution delivery of IT Projects (EMEA, Rest of World).
- Application/Solution Architecture to ensure adherence of best practices and design of solutions being introduced. Holding vendors accountable for design/solutions/options.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with the EMEA Business Engagement IT Teams, Other Gilead IT Teams and the Commercial Business Leads on projects and initiatives.
- Develops thinking and approaches as it relates to the technology solutions being proposed, solution architecture/application architecture.
- Take a lead role in managing the IT solution Delivery, coordinate with Project PM, internal and external delivery partners, and being a subject matter expert for technology stacks that are being utilised.
- Inputs and drives key design/solution decisions that will inform eventual system deployed.
- Inputs into technical delivery estimation - costs and resourcing needs and will support driving out the project timelines working with the project PM, team and external vendors.
- Must be able to work closely with multiple levels of stakeholders in a very high pace dynamic environment - both IT and the Business.
- Pre-empts potential problems and provide effective solutions in reaction to application of concepts, technique, knowledge or processes. Pros/Cons à recommendations.
- Manages both investment and sustainment projects for the commercial systems under the team's remit.
- Manage off-shore development teams.
- Be creative and outside the box thinker to envision newer technologies (IoT, AI, Digitization, Cloud, etc.)
The ideal candidate has
- 5-10 years+ experience in a similar role, preferably within the Biotech / Pharmaceutical industry with demonstrated applied IT / Business knowledge in the Commercial Functional domain.
- BS/BA degree in IT, Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent number of years of work experience
- Technical Delivery experience for systems implementations & Solution Architecture experience.
- Experience in decision making, managing risks and influencing on leadership level
- Previous experience with, and exposure to any of the following: Cloud Applications, Veeva CRM, Event Management, Vault Promo Mats, SharePoint 2013 On-Premise/Online is desired - having experience with development on these platforms is good to have but note this role will not involve any application development so not a pre-requisite.
- An understanding of ecosystem (e2e technical/solution landscapes) style thinking and familiarity with Integration approaches is also desired.
- Ability to scope and estimate work effort that would underpin project deliveries.
- Prior experience to working within a range of geographies/ countries to support business needs is desired as well as experience with virtual teams and management of teams located in multiple locations.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, communication, time-management, facilitation, presentation, influencing and project management skills
- High level of personal integrity consistent with Gilead's core values (Excellence, Accountability, Teamwork, Integrity and Inclusion).
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-Kingdom---Uxbridge/Senior-Manager---Associate-Director---G-A-IT---Solution-Delivery--Commercial-EMEA_R0015603-1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency