Mammoth Biosciences is harnessing the diversity of nature to power the next-generation of CRISPR products. Through the discovery and development of novel CRISPR systems, the company is enabling the full potential of its platform to read and write the code of life. By leveraging its internal research and development and exclusive licensing to patents related to Cas12, Cas13, Cas14 and CasPhi, Mammoth Biosciences can provide enhanced diagnostics and genome editing for life science research, healthcare, agriculture, biodefense and more. Mammoth is democratizing disease detection with easy and affordable point-of-care tests that allow real-time and simultaneous detection of multiple conditions, along with high-throughput tests that allow for unprecedented testing volume. Further, the company is transforming disease treatment with its proprietary micro-sized CRISPR proteins that enable new editing and delivery options. Based in San Francisco, Mammoth Biosciences is co-founded by CRISPR pioneer Jennifer Doudna and principal founders Trevor Martin, Janice Chen, and Lucas Harrington. The firm is backed by top institutional investors including Decheng, Mayfield, NFX, and 8VC, and leading individual investors including Brook Byers, Tim Cook, Bob Nelsen, and Jeff Huber.
The Project Manager will support our growing CRISPR-based molecular diagnostic programs as we bring them from concept to market. The product manager will be responsible for planning, oversight and management for the DARPA projects. Working in collaboration with the internal technical teams, external service providers and our partners, the incumbent will manage the development and implementation of new processes and procedures as well as oversight processes to support compliance.
- Responsible for project managing the DARPA programs (DIGET and UCB) and working with internal and external stakeholders
- Actively plan and drive cross-functional project teams to deliver against integrated, detailed plans within budget and timelines by highlighting tradeoffs and co-dependencies to meet overall goals and timelines
- Enable proactive communication in collaboration with functional directors and managers to assure integration of project, company, and functional goals towards achieving project milestones and timetables
- Coordinate with technical leads to prepare presentations/reports for the prime contractor and/or DARPA
- Coordinate with finance team to ensure timely submission of deliverables for milestone-based payments
- Document and manage project risks, issues and action items and document actions necessary to mitigate risks
- Oversight of all phases of the product development process (PDP) from Concept to Launch.
- Govern design control principles and manage gate-keeping, design freezes, design reviews, change control, sign-offs, etc.
- Organize regular team meetings to drive progress, track and mitigate risks, resolve/escalate issues, and review action items
- Generate the necessary documentation and assist teams with creating project plans, protocols, reports, etc.
- Project management experience in biotech/diagnostic space
- Bachelor's degree in appropriate technical field of study (molecular biology, genetics, engineering)
- Experience with project scheduling tools (SmartSheet, MS Project, Primavera)
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Certification or formal training in Program Management (Project Management Professional)
- Experience using resource management tools
- Proficiency with other project management tools (Asana, MS Project, Excel)
- Knowledge of various project management methodologies (e.g., agile/scrum)