Vice President, Investor Relations & Treasury
We Are Genetic Navigators bringing together passionate, creative and dedicated professionals to join a rapidly-growing startup on our mission to translate novel genetic insights into lifesaving medicines. We are integrating human genetics and functional genomics to decode the mysteries of genetic modifiers, leading us to new medicines we'll develop for a range of severe diseases.
We are seeking a successful leader who will develop and execute our financing strategy, lead our investor relations efforts and oversee our treasury function. This position reports to the CEO.
You will help Maze advance and expand strategic financing to meet the growing demands of the business including strategic M&A transactions. The role requires strategic vision skills and leadership to communicate and connect with the investors and bankers, as well as analytical skills to provide more insight and financing analysis for the company.
You will establish a corporate communications strategy to present uniform and consistent knowledge of our research pipeline, platform, and corporate strategy. The ideal candidate will have a broad understanding of investment landscape and experience developing accurate and compelling company narratives.
This individual will be Maze's cash management expert by combining their skills in company treasury management with market analysis and insights to create and execute optimal strategies with Maze's leadership team. The Head of IR and Treasury is responsible for developing positive external relationships with creditors and works to provide transparent and appropriate insight into Maze's cash flow and operating cash status to Maze's leadership team.
Your Role in Navigating the Maze:
- Develop and execute financing strategy to support overall needs of organization including expansion of pipeline programs, build-out of platform, and strategic M&A transactions
- Establish relationships and high-level communication with investment banking and other investment sectors to aid in financing and strategic transactions
- Drive communication strategy to exhibit key company milestones and research updates to the investment community utilizing thorough knowledge of research programs
- Oversee the communication of key company updates to external audiences with high integrity
- Provide the leadership team with market insight and ongoing competitive intelligence from the Street, analysts' positions and summaries, relative stock movements, and investment landscape changes
- Support company executives in building long-term rapport with investors and analysts and keep shareholders knowledgeable and current on strategic progress
- Serve as a spokesperson and information conduit to investors
- Lead the development, design, writing, production and coordination of investor relations communications (press releases, scripts, earnings, publishings, R&D updates)
- Oversees the daily cash and investment management strategy to ensure optimal operating liquidity and to meet all debt obligations
- Partners with Finance team to design and implement strategies relating to all aspects of the company's capital structure, including cash forecasting, optimal cash balance, and optimal mix of debt structures
- Develops and evolves Maze's Treasury policies and procedures; ensures all activities follow SOX compliance and oversees regular testing in accordance with these regulations
- Partners with the Accounting team to ensure treasury policies support proper tax planning
Your Navigation Tools:
- 12+ years of experience in operational and strategic finance roles, with at least 8+ years serving in an investment relations role
- Experience with both buy-side and sell-side of investment in the biotech/pharma sector, interacting heavily with investment bankers; experience working within stock exchange sector is highly preferred
- Advanced degree (PhD, PharmD, MBA) is preferred
- Proven track record of creating positive, long-term relationship with the investment community and communicating complex topics
- Demonstrated thorough understanding of finance (capital markets, securities regulations, financial reporting) and demonstrated experience successfully articulating key data
- Experience writing SEC documents (10ks, etc.) and an innate ability to transform complex scientific concepts and developments into simplified communication
- Experience high performing finance teams and managing important external contacts
- A foresight thinking approach that is tailored to achieving strategic transactions
- Highly proactive in managing communications and financial strategies and the ability to form strong relationships on both buy-side and sell-side
- Successful experience developing and implementing strategic IR communications for a biotech/pharmaceutical company
- Proven financial analysis skills and sophisticated industry knowledge
- A collaborative, communicative, and transparent disposition
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and highly organized