Associate Director, RML (MSL) Leadership
MyoKardia is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company pioneering a precision medicine approach to discover, develop and commercialize targeted therapies for the treatment of serious and rare cardiovascular diseases. MyoKardia's initial focus is on the treatment of heritable cardiomyopathies, a group of rare, genetically driven forms of heart failure that result from biomechanical defects in cardiac muscle contraction. Mavacamten is MyoKardia's first product that is currently in late-stage development. MyoKardia's mission is to change the world for patients with serious cardiovascular disease through bold and innovative science.
As a n Associate Director, RML (MSL) Leadership in Field Medical Affairs, you will be responsible for the hiring, onboarding, training and management of a team of Regional Medical Leads (RMLs, also known as Medical Science Liaisons). You will lead this team of RMLs in preparing the medical community for the launch of MyoKardia's first product, Mavacamten. You will work as part of the Field Medical Leadership team and partner with other functions within Medical Affairs including Medical Communication, Medical Information, Advocacy, and RWE/HEOR, as well as cross functionally across Clinical and Commercial. You will report into the Senior Director, Field Medical Affairs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Th is position will be responsible for:
- Providing leadership and vision, set short- and long-term strategic direction for the RML team in alignment with organizational and launch goals
- Develop clinical knowledge expertise in the HCM treatment landscape including diagnosis, current treatment strategies, and new therapeutic developments
- Serving as a subject matter expert on m avacamten and MyoKardia's pipeline
- Conducting weekly RML team meetings, 1:1 meetings, and quarterly team field visits delivering observation and providing coaching
- Overseeing and critically manage external engagement strategies offerin g key insights to i mprove engagement and adjust RML engagement tactical plan over time
- Conduct ing high level scientific and strategic interactions with external scientific leaders as well as participate internally with cross-functional teams
- Facilitating the commu nication o f the medical community opinions, insights and feedback on new data, clinical trends and the evolving cardiovascular disease landscape to Medical Affairs teams to enhance scientific understanding and inform internal strategies.
- C o-lead ing the communication of RML team achievement updates to appropriate internal partners and levels of management.
- Actively participating as a member of the Field Medical Leadership team in strategic p lanning, metrics development, execution and reporting oversight , continuing to broaden the organizational impact and scope of the RML function
- Maintaining clinical and scientific expertise through self-education, including attendance at relevant conferences, scientific workshops and review of key publications ; and where applicable participation in required internal training, and presentations
- Ensuring RML co mpliance and adherence to company policies and operating guidelines
- Promoting teamwork, trust and respect. Embracing the MyoKardia Core V alue s and exhibit ing MyoKardia's Leadership C ommitments.
- An advanced degree in life sciences (MD, PharmD, PhD or equivalent) is preferred. Other clinical degrees with appropriate (industry/clinical) experience will be considered
- A minimum of 8 years of experience i n Field Medical Affairs
- D emonstrated track record of mentoring/ coaching others , effective leadership skills (by example and through accomplishments), and ability to lead a field team and step forward to handle challenges within scope of authority
- Previous leadership and l aunch experience strongly preferred
- Deep knowledge of cardiovascular disease landscape desired
- Has excellent leadership, management and negotiation skills. The ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to influence and work effectively across functions and operate in a matrix environment
- Ability to travel 60-70%
- Valid US driver's license
- No relocation required (remote employee)
Page 1 of 2