Senior Manager, IT Commercial
Kite is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure the health and safety of our teams.
For Current Kite Pharma Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job
Everyone at Kite is grounded by one common goal - curing cancer. Every single day, we seek to establish a direct line between that purpose and our day-to-day work. Join us in our mission!
As Senior Manager, IT you will be responsible for the delivery of technology platforms and capabilities that power Kite's commercial operation in our US markets.
This role will partner with a range of stakeholders across Commercial, as well as other key partners at Kite's Corporate HQ in Santa Monica, CA - to scope and deliver industry leading technology solutions. You will work closely with our technical development teams to accomplish this, providing guidance, oversight and performance management throughout.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing commercial Biotech with global reach. We need colleagues interested in change, challenge, and building a new future together.
Kite, A Gilead Company
At Kite, we are at the forefront of immunotherapy and engineered T cell therapy. We are helping change the paradigm of cancer treatment and are revolutionizing individually tailored treatments. That means a fast moving and constantly evolving environment, where we make discoveries every day - discoveries that include our own capabilities and individual potential.
We're seeking to recruit highly motivated talent to join our exciting journey, in the development of innovative cell therapies and their application to the treatment of patients with cancer.
Based out of the Kite's Corporate HQ in Santa Monica, CA, you will be an integral and highly visible part of Kite's global Commercial IT team, reporting directly to the Global Head of Commercial IT.
The Commercial IT team acts as the 'face of IT' to Kite's commercial organization. Your efforts will support the definition of a global IT strategy and accompanying roadmap for Kite's commercial function (which includes Marketing, Sales, Market Access & Reimbursement, Case Management / Customer Services, Commercialization etc.), as well as the application and execution of said roadmap within the US region.
This will be a varied and evolving role in line with ongoing organizational growth. Core responsibilities include:
- Business Engagement: Maintain a 'trusted advisor' relationship with key partners - from Senior Director to Analyst level. Use these relationships to elicit strategic business need, priority and the translation of these into IT enabled programs, projects or initiatives.
- Business Analysis: Perform a range of BA related disciplines - spanning workshop facilitation, detailed requirement's elicitation (functional and technical), backlog management, test case definition, UAT, training.
- System Management: IT ownership of business-critical commercial platforms including: Veeva (Network, CRM, PromoMats), Salesforce (Service Cloud, Community Cloud), AWS, Tableau and Microsoft (SharePoint, Power Apps, Power Automate) - throughout their SDLC.
- Service Delivery: Supervise and lead DevOps efforts for all Commercial IT services - often performed by strategic partners / 3rd party vendors - ensuring an outstanding level of service for internal and external (e.g. HCP) customers.
- Thought Leadership & Innovation: Support the commercial business functions in identification and value realization from innovative technology - IoT, AI, Digitization, Data & Analytics, Cloud, etc.
- to improve customer / patient experience, commercial growth and process efficiency or effectiveness.
- Advanced degree (Pharm D, MD, PhD) and some Industry (Pharma/Biotech) experience within Information Technology OR
- Master's degree in IT or Business Information Systems and 6+ years of Industry (Pharma/Biotech)experience within Information Technology OR
- Bachelor's degree in IT or Business Information Systems and 8+ years of Industry (Pharma/Biotech) experience within Information Technology OR
- High School degree and 12+ years of Industry (Pharma/Biotech) experience within Information Technology
- Experience in one or more business facing IT roles: Business Partnering, Business Analysis, Service Delivery, Business Process Modelling, high-level Solution Design / Architecture.
- Experience with Salesforce, Veeva, Amazon Web Services, data integration, Tableau or equivalent.
- Experience with Tier 1 ERP's - Preferably SAP or Oracle EBS.
- Experience delivering IT solutions for a range of geographic territories and partner groups.
- Experience delivering IT solutions within a regulated industry - specifically GxP and Computer Systems Validation.
- Experience and knowledge of end-to-end IT Software Development Lifecycle from idea conception through planning, requirements, design, development, testing, deployment, support transition and operation.
- Experience leading the delivery and performance of 3rd party vendors - onshore and offshore.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the Commercial business and related functions in the Biotech industry: Sales Force Effectiveness, Marketing, Patient Services, CRM, Master data management (MDM), Commercialization / NPI, Legal, Business Conduct, Quality etc.
- Knowledge of working in a managed services delivery model based on business outcomes.
- Ability to analyse complex business problems and deliver innovative solutions to unlock them.
- Ability to communicate technical solutions to business partners in a clear and meaningful way.
- Ability to oversee projects, lead resource and influence outcomes in a matrix organization.
- Strong analytical, communication, time-management, facilitation, presentation, influencing and project/portfolio management skills. Much be proactive and resourceful with minimal supervision.
- Validated organizational savvy - working across organizational boundaries and reporting lines.
- Ability to develop IT business cases and value propositions, as well as gap-fit and pro / con analysis.
- Demonstrated experience in building effective 'trusted advisor' relationships with business partners and IT colleagues using negotiation, mediation and influencing skills.
- Independent, self-motivated, proactive and responsive with a bias for action and results.
- High level of personal integrity consistent with Kite and Gilead's core values.
- Must have clear communication skills (verbal and written).
- Occasional travel to International Kite / Gilead locations (Outside COVID-19 travel constraints).
- Resilient with the ability to perform in an ambiguous environment and under pressure.
- Ability to engage and manage multiple stakeholders - at all levels - to achieve objectives.
- Versatile - with the ability to deliver against a broad set of objectives and competing priorities concurrently.
- Consistent excellence in both planning and execution.
- Organized and disciplined with a systematic approach to problem solving.
- Honest and credible.
Our Core Values
- Integrity: Doing what's right.
- Inclusion: Encouraging diversity.
- Teamwork: Working together.
- Excellence: Being your best.
- Accountability: Taking personal responsibility.
Does this sound like you? If, please apply today!
Kite is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system's ability to recognize and kill tumors. Kite is based in Santa Monica, CA. For more information on Kite, please visit www.kitepharma.com. Sign up to follow @KitePharma on Twitter at www.twitter.com/kitepharma.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability,genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may email@example.com assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the'EEO is the Law'poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Kite Pharma Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.