Commercial Insights Senior Manager - HCP PMR
Amgen is a values-based organization with a powerful sense of shared purpose toward our mission: to serve patients. Within Global Commercial Capabilities, Commercial Data & Analytics (CD&A) provides the capabilities, resources, and rewards of a global enterprise, while maintaining the entrepreneurialism and verve that marked our early days as a biotechnology pioneer. We encourage our team members to have fulfilling and meaningful careers through challenging assignments, career development, and valuable opportunities.
The Commercial Insights Senior Manager will be responsible for delivering HCP (Health Care Provider) primary market research and insights to support brand planning and strategy for Amgen's Otezla brand within the US and Global teams. The individual in this role will provide deep market understanding and actionable outputs.
The successful candidate is an excellent business partner and will guide others through complex processes in day-to-day execution of primary market research, as well as developing the long-term insight generation plan to support the Otezla HCP Marketing team. Acting as an internal consultant to the brand teams, the communication and interpersonal skills of this person will set them apart from others and blend seamlessly with their technical ability to execute primary market research, both qualitative and quantitative. You will find the "So What" in the data and that responsibility will be important.
This position will report to the INBU Commercial Insights Director within Commercial Data and Analytics (CD&A) group but will work day-to-day ("dotted line") with those that own the brands.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Execute Otezla HCP primary market research projects, understanding the needs of the Brand Team and contributing to building the insight generation plan required to meet those needs
- Support key annual activities including Executive Reviews, Brand Planning, Budgeting and business case support by providing objective, insights
- Work to help translate Brand Strategy in to leading measures, insight requirements and deliver them in a clear, concise manner
- Work to translate the primary market research findings available into actionable insights and be able to influence the team's decision making accordingly
- Be a positive mentor to the other CD&A roles, guiding their work and really understanding the underlying drivers of the results seen, to help constructively challenge the next stages of any analysis
- Improve team capabilities by researching and implementing new research tools, internal and external standard methodologies, etc.
- Prioritize the business asks and deliver based on the agreed benefit for across the brands
Doctorate degree and 2 years of analytics, sales and / or marketing operations experience
Master's degree and 4 years of analytics, sales and / or marketing operations experience
Bachelor's degree and 6 years of analytics, sales and / or marketing operations experience
Associate's degree and 10 years of analytics, sales and / or marketing operations experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of analytics, sales and / or marketing operations experience
- Consulting experience within the pharma space
- Expertise in the area of pharma market data analytics/manipulation and health care provider primary market research techniques
- Analytical skills and the ability to take complex information sets and translate them to actionable outcomes
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills with ability to explain complex concepts and controversial findings clearly to a variety of audiences, including senior management
- Ability to think strategically to support key business decisions
- Ability to work collaboratively in team-based environment across different functional groups
- Proven project management skills and experience in prioritizing multiple responsibilities, tasks and projects, whilst simultaneously meeting multiple partner needs
- Experience of managing and mentoring people, as well as helping others develop in role
We understand that to successfully sustain and grow and deliver for patients - we must ensure a diverse and inclusive work environment. Our culture is what makes Amgen a special place to work. We have a powerful shared purpose around our mission. We respect one another, recognize contributions, and have embedded collaboration, trust, empowerment and inclusion in all that we do. We equip all our staff members to live well-rounded, healthy lives. Most recently, Amgen added benefits for transgender employees and continues to pride itself on industry-leading, family-friendly offerings for families of all compositions.
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.