Marketing Senior Manager, Inflammation, Consumer
Amgen is a values-based organization with a powerful sense of shared purpose toward our mission: to serve patients. Within Global Commercial Operations, we provide the capabilities, resources, and rewards of a global enterprise, while maintaining the entrepreneurialism and verve that marked our early days as a biotechnology pioneer. We encourage our team members to have fulfilling and meaningful careers through challenging assignments, career development, and valuable opportunities!
Otezla is the leading treatment in the post-topical, pre-biologic segment in its approved indications. Otezla is currently approved for three indications in the U.S. - the treatment of patients with moderate-to-severe plaque psoriasis who are candidates for phototherapy or systemic therapy; adult patients with active psoriatic arthritis; and adult patients with oral ulcers associated with Behçet's Disease. Otezla has patent exclusivity through at least 2028 in the U.S.
Otezla offers many benefits including:
- A strong strategic fit with Amgen's long-standing expertise in psoriasis and inflammation
- A differentiated, oral therapy complementary to Amgen's existing inflammation franchise of innovative biologics and biosimilar products
- Acceleration of Amgen's near- and long-term revenue growth
Sales of Otezla in 2019 were $1.6 billion driven by strong volume growth. Amgen is focused on medicines that can deliver sustained, long-term volume driven growth and the company believes there is a substantial opportunity to grow Otezla through global expansion and new indications!
Bringing Innovative Medicines to Patients -- The number of patients suffering from chronic inflammatory diseases is growing worldwide. Amgen is a leader in this very large therapeutic category. Otezla is positioned as a therapy of first-choice in patients with moderate-to-severe psoriasis who are not satisfied with topical therapies given its differentiated mechanism of action and established efficacy and safety profile. In psoriatic arthritis, Otezla is positioned for use in patients early in their disease and/or with moderate joint involvement.
Expansive Geographic Reach -- Otezla is approved in 54 countries, including major markets such as France, Germany and Japan. Amgen is well positioned to continue driving Otezla international sales growth.
The Consumer Marketing Senior Manager is responsible for supporting the strategy and pull through of the marketing plan for consumer and patient marketing; and input into the overarching consumer / patient marketing strategy, creative campaign, tactical plan, and message platform.
Development and execution of multiple patient-facing tactics / initiatives including (but not limited to):
- Patient collateral
- Print Media
- TV Media
- Digital Media and Properties
- In-Office Tactics
Development and management of digital marketing platform inclusive of:
- Digital channel mix and investments
- Individual channel performance goals and supportive measurement plan
- Digital marketing creative development process
- Execution and coordination of campaign asset deployment
Development and execution of key patient-facing assets, including (but not limited to):
- Brand.com and other consumer facing web properties
- Online video assets
- Patient facing mobile assets (including apps)
- Social Media (eg. Facebook)
Work closely with cross-functional colleagues to support:
- Coordination of database marketing efforts
- Harmonies between digital and non-digital promotion plans
- Overarching Consumer / Patient Marketing strategic plans, tactical plans, campaign development, and message platform development
Work closely with HCP marketing colleagues to support
- Development of overarching brand marketing strategies, tactical plans, and key performance indicators
- Key business events such as National Conferences, Sales Meetings, etc. (as needed)
- Handle annual promotional budgets and ensure proper oversight
- Lead external agencies / vendors
Doctorate degree and 2 years of Marketing and/or business experience in a role aligned with a Marketing/Sales commercial organization
Master's degree and 4 years of Marketing and/or business experience in a role aligned with a Marketing/Sales commercial organization
Bachelor's degree and 6 years of Marketing and/or business experience in a role aligned with a Marketing/Sales commercial organization
Associate's Degree and 10 years of Marketing and/or business experience in a role aligned with a Marketing/Sales commercial organization
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Marketing and/or business experience in a role aligned with a Marketing/Sales commercial organization
- 5+ years pharmaceutical marketing to the consumer / patient, or related agency experience
- In-depth knowledge of consumer strategies, digital tactics and associated FDA regulations
- Demonstrated ability to effectively launch and lead multi-faceted consumer campaigns (including TV, print, point of care, digital media, online video, and others)
- Development of measurement plans
- Development of consumer campaigns including (but not limited to) digital execution
- Demonstrates ability to spearhead work groups, build alignment, inform, negotiate, and collaborate
- Demonstrate initiative, creativity, strategic capabilities, and ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Experience navigating LMR process
We understand that to sustain and grow as a global enterprise and deliver for patients - we will ensure a diverse and inclusive work environment. Our culture is what makes Amgen a special place to work. We have a powerful shared purpose around our mission - to serve patients. We respect one another, recognize contributions, and have embedded collaboration, trust, empowerment and inclusion in all that we do. We equip all our staff members to live well-rounded, healthy lives. Most recently, Amgen added benefits for transgender employees and continues to pride itself on industry-leading, family-friendly offerings for families of all compositions.
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.