Associate Director, Trade Key Channel Access
Working at Horizon is more than a job - it's personal. For us, success is measured by the numbers that matter most - the number of lives we touch, the number we change and those we work tirelessly to help save. We're a team of agile, out-of-the-box thinkers who are inspired to do more because we know we're a part of something bigger. We strive to build meaningful careers at a company whose values we share because when we live up to our potential, we help others live up to theirs.
The Associate Director, Trade Specialty Channel Access role and responsibilities are to assess, plan, and execute Horizon programs to support treatment delivery for our infused therapy offerings. The Associate Director will serve as the lead point of contact for patient services, sales, trade, site of care (SOC), market access, marketing and account management functions for assigned SOC customers/partners and professional infusion associations. He/she will also be responsible for developing and executing account/partner business plans that deliver on agreed upon objectives with oversight of SOC strategy development, execution and measurement, including profitability. In addition, this individual will also be responsible for working with his/her internal partners to develop, execute and measure activities to maximize pull through by coordinated business planning. Key account responsibilities can include, but are not limited to, National and Regional Infusion Providers and Specialty Pharmacies focused on Infusion Services.
- Maximize site of care (SOC) opportunities in accordance with product labeling, strategic imperatives, and Company policies.
- Lead and ensure coordination and communication across all parties involved in building SOC networks.
- Evaluate, develop, monitor, measure partnerships/business plans within the designated customer/partner accounts to align with defined objectives (profit, growth, value).
- Responsible for developing and growing relationships with appropriate individuals within the accounts to meet the business needs of the customer/partner and Horizon through a collaborative approach while driving results.
- Develop a strong alliance with field-based colleagues to ensure the appropriate level of cross-functional support for customers within a defined geography and for developing and executing pull-through strategies.
- Develop and deliver business presentations/reviews to customers/partners based on mutual needs/benefits.
- Develop business case to support contracts, negotiate and manage to ensure optimal results, if applicable.
- Seek out opportunities for partnership to achieve both Horizon and customer goals.
- Identify national and regional specific opportunities and barriers to ensure corporate success.
- Understand health care issues/strategies, customer issues/trends and best practices to establish credibility beyond product and therapeutic areas.
- Co-develop and manage execution of jointly developed customer plans, holding customer and Horizon accountable for plan execution.
- Maintain open communication throughout the organization, especially in regards to cross-region and cross-functional customer efforts.
- Review and analyze contracted performance and communicate account performance broadly with key internal stakeholders.
- Exercise sound judgment and oversight to ensure integrity and compliance with company policies in all activities and communications.
- Adhere to relevant regulatory and compliance guidelines and Company policies.
- Attend/staff/participate in meetings and/or conferences as requested by management.
- The employee will be responsible for developing and implementing his/her own business plan.
- Lead and contribute to special projects, as assigned, to drive operational performance improvements and maximize business opportunities.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Education:
- Bachelor degree required, preferably in life science or business; masters a plus.
- A minimum of 7+ years of successful management experience in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Working knowledge of buy and bill, market access and site of care customer segments, private and government, including reimbursement.
- Experience with key accounts and/or IDN management.
- Direct experience working with and across the various infusion service areas within the US health care system. Specifically national/regional service providers, hospital inpatient and outpatient infusion centers, home or in home infusion service providers, and individual buy and bill physician office practices.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions but with the knowledge of the situations where supervisory input is essential.
- Strong understanding of healthcare regulatory and enforcement environments along with demonstrated integrity on the job.
- Fosters innovation in account approaches and practices.
- Strong attention to detail, combined with a keen ability to recognize issues in the context of higher-level policies and regulations.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills to work within date-sensitive deadlines.
- Ability to work cross-functionally in a highly dynamic environment A high sense of urgency.
- Ability to travel up to 50%.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Professional, proactive and collaborative demeanor.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Recent launch experience with infused products
- Experience in infused therapies and rare diseases
- Strong track record of collaboration and leadership of key initiatives
- Previous finance/analytics background with focus on strategic planning
- Cross-functional project management experience
- Ability and willingness to conduct field travel, as well as to travel to sales meetings, client sites, etc. including overnight travel (>50%)
Horizon Core Values & Competencies:
- Manages Ambiguity
- Strategic Mindset
- Demonstrates Self-awareness
- Cultivates Innovation
- Develops Talent
- Drives Results
- Ensures Accountability
- Decision Quality
- Instills Trust
Horizon Therapeutics plc does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. It is our intention that all qualified applications are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors. Any individual, who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing this application or at any time during the application process, should contact the Human Resources Department.