Intern, Statistical Programming (Graduate)
Working at Horizon is more than a job - it's personal. For us, success is measured by the numbers that matter most - the number of lives we touch, the number we change and those we work tirelessly to help save. We're a team of agile, out-of-the-box thinkers who are inspired to do more because we know we're a part of something bigger. We strive to build meaningful careers at a company whose values we share because when we live up to our potential, we help others live up to theirs.
Working with statistical programming staff, the candidate will learn to provide programming support for Phase 1 to Phase 3 studies, learn to program SDTM/ADaM/TLFs for the studies, QC datasets and tables, as well as other supporting activities for statistical programming group.
The primary role of this position is to learn how to assist the statistical programming function that supports planned and ongoing clinical trials. Specifically, the Summer Intern, statistical programming will be expected to learn how to:
- Develop, review, and validate SAS programs to generate tables, figures and listings.
- Support review of annotated CRF, datasets specification and statistical outputs and related documents.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Prepare final presentation to statistical programming group.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Pursing a Master's Degree in Statistics, Biostatistics, Epidemiology, with minimum of first year graduate school completed.
- Enrolled as a full-time student with plans to return to school in fall term.
- Available to work 40 hours/week during normal business hours during summer intern.
- Knowledgeable of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Strong organizational skills, flexible and adapts work style to meet organization needs.
- Strong ability to follow instructions with tasks.
- Good verbal communication skills, ability to write clearly and effectively.
- Previous biological, medical related research projects preferred.
- Knowledge of SAS is preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Professional, proactive demeanor.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Horizon Core Values & Competencies:
- Manages Ambiguity
- Strategic Mindset
- Demonstrates Self-awareness
- Cultivates Innovation
- Develops Talent
- Drives Results
- Ensures Accountability
- Decision Quality
- Instills Trust
Horizon Therapeutics plc does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. It is our intention that all qualified applications are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors. Any individual, who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing this application or at any time during the application process, should contact the Human Resources Department.