Arcus Biosciences currently has an excellent opportunity for a Principal Investigator to head our growing Protein Sciences group. The successful candidate will assume responsibility for a team responsible for purification and characterization of recombinant proteins and antibodies to support assay development, high throughput screening, structural biology, and other research needs.
The PI is expected to provide scientific guidance, management, and mentorship to the Protein Science group, and interact closely with other scientists within the Research organization. The successful candidate should be able to think critically about complex experiments and collaborate with other scientists to advance research projects. He or she should possess excellent molecular biology, protein biochemistry, protein expression and purification skills.
- PhD in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, or a related scientific discipline with at least 6 years of industry experience.
- A track record of successfully managing and mentoring scientific staff.
- Extensive experience developing and optimizing protein expression and purification processes.
- Technical proficiency in the use of AKTA instruments, a diverse range of column chromatography methods, protein biochemistry and molecular biology techniques.
- Demonstrated expertise with analytical methods such as HPLC, SEC-MALS, DSF.
- A high level of competence in the expression of challenging proteins in bacterial, mammalian, and baculovirus expression systems.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and communication skills.