Senior Director, Laboratory Operations
StageBio (www.stagebio.com) is a leading provider of GLP-compliant preclinical/clinical histology, pathology and specimen archiving services for the biopharmaceutical, medical device and contract research industries. We operate locations in VA, OH, MA, MD and Freiburg, Germany with continued investment in facility and technology infrastructure planned to meet the demand for high-quality histopathology services. A growing team of 30+ board-certified Veterinary Pathologists, as well as over 75 laboratory technicians, are employed in support of our unified commitment to quality, scientific integrity and client satisfaction.
StageBio is seeking a full-time Senior Director, Laboratory Operations to join our growing company. This position is based at our Frederick, MD location. Relocation assistance is available for this role. The successful candidate will be able to perform the following essential duties:
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Oversight of the day-to-day lab operations of the company across all sites
- Manage and mentor laboratory directors from all sites
- Maintain a positive and ethical work environment conducive to attracting, retaining and motivating a diverse group of employees at all levels (in conjunction with HR)
- Ensure communication with respect to operational matters, resolution of issues and project development
- Maintain a strong focus on meeting client needs and ensure all functions of the labs are driving improvement in productivity to include on-time delivery of a high-quality product
- Coordinate the hiring, training, coaching and annual performance reviews of the laboratory teams
- Define and establish clear objectives and goals, provide direct feedback routinely for performance management
- Facilitate and mentor the development of team members and front-line leaders to be exceptional players
- Lead managers and other site leadership across functions to achieve site goals.
- Establish key performance indicators that drive change and visibility to the team and leadership
- Monitor and manage progress on projects; ensure key requirements and milestones are met
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience in multi-site operations, preferably to include international sites
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to facilitate effective team interactions
- Ability to work with teams at all levels and within all functions to actively coach technical professionals to achieve maximum performance
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility and manage multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Proven track record of developing strong operations teams in a multi-site global operation
- Ability to travel to different sites within the organization
- Extensive experience representing an organization with large multi-national global customers
StageBio offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes employer-sponsored health insurance, short-term and long-term disability, AD&D, life insurance for employees and dependents, flexible paid time off and paid holidays. Salary is commensurate with experience. StageBio is an equal opportunity employer.