Analytics Insights Lead
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
This role would be responsible to provide strategic direction with regards to data and Insights that will help advance Abbvie's business Operations. The job requires leading end to end Business Intelligence/Analytics and Datawarehouse solutions working with our functional and cross-functional teams, architecting, modeling, and designing web, dashboard and reporting solutions across multiple business functions. Knowledge of AI/ML, and other technologies like Chatbot etc would be favorable.
- Demonstrate Excellent communication, interpersonal, relationship management and presentation skills working with functional IT and cross functional teams.
- Provide direction, leadership and Technical guidance to a cross-functional team of developers and business analysts to deliver on data analytics initiatives.
- Create and review technical designs that align with our business segments
- Technical Proficiency : Possess knowledge in AWS Cloud and MicroServices. Experience with data analytic tools including Hive, Spark SQL, HBase and visualization tools like Qlik and Spotfire. Good understanding of relational databases and solid SQL skills
- F unction well in large-scale, highly complex, cross-functional data platform environment
- Work with technical teams to develop dashboards and reports on different data sources like Oracle, Teradata and Hadoop.
- Oversees feasibility studies, time and cost estimates, and the establishment and implementation of new or revised projects/ programs
- Ability to plan, control and supervise multiple BI projects and activities simultaneously
- Assigns work assignments to team members and directs activities, providing technical guidance and completing individual tasks as needed
- Working with IT management, product owners, business managers and business analysts, lead the effort to evaluate user requests and determine solutions to business problems
- Expert knowledge of IT systems development, including process mapping, budgeting and timeline creation
- Responsible for liaison between the build team, Functional IT and business to drive closure to any urgent on demand issues
- 12 years of overall IT experience
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or relevant field
- Experience in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Unit Testing cycle (SUT) which includes effort estimation, Requirement gathering & Analysis, Design, Code construction, Implementation, Software Release/Deployment and Hypercare Support.
- An Agile mindset with experience working in Agile environment
- A spirit of collaboration and transparent communication
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Advanced leadership and analytical skills
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.