Federal and State Outreach and Health Equity Alliance Development Senior Manager
Reporting to the Director of Alliance Development with dotted line accountability to the Executive Director of Federal Government Affairs, the Senior Manager for Federal and State Outreach & Health Equity Alliance Development will support the implementation of an integrated external relationships and stakeholder engagement strategy to advance Amgen's public policy goals, with a special focus on promoting Amgen's commitment to health equity.
The role will work collaboratively with Advocacy Relations (AR), State Government Affairs (SGA), Federal Government Affairs (FGA), and Corporate Communications to support public policy initiatives to improve access and affordability to Amgen's innovative therapies with an emphasis on health equity. The ideal candidate will have experience doing outreach to legislators and staff and building coalitions with advocacy and patient organizations. The position will split time between DC as well as manage Alliance Development relationships in key states of the US with health equity advocacy groups. This position will require travel when appropriate.
- Develop and execute a strategy that advances Amgen's health equity policy initiatives and goals.
Federal Outreach responsibilities:
- The Senior Manager will support the Federal Team's educational and lobbying efforts by engaging and building relationships with key Congressional member caucuses (e.g. CBC, CHC, CAPAC, LGBTQ, etc.) through direct outreach, lobbying, and collaboration with third party organizations.
- Manage key DC based relationships with external organizations that work closely with Congressional member caucuses (CHCI, CBC, APAICS) on public policy issues important to Amgen.
External stakeholder responsibilities:
- Build and maintain long-term, substantive relationships with diverse, health equity stakeholders
- Support patient access to medicines by working with stakeholders and policy thought leaders to help support the value of innovation and address access barriers
- Facilitate Amgen educational and advocacy activities for stakeholders
- Build and implement strategies to increase advocacy capacity within partner organizations
- Liaison and lead engagement with aligned policy and legislative coalitions
- Conduct and inform on stakeholder activity opposing Amgen priorities
- Direct strategy to expand Amgen's strategic external partners with health equity organizations
Internal stakeholder responsibilities:
- Support the implementation of Alliance Development, FGA, and SGA strategy and associated goals.
- Develop and maintain strong relationship with SGA and FGA leads to support collaborative plans regarding legislation engagement with third parties
- Work cross-functionally as a strong partner and collaborator
- Manage and track compliance
Doctorate degree and 2 years of legislative or alliance development experience
Master's degree and 4 years of legislative or alliance development experience
Bachelor's degree and 6 years of legislative or alliance development experience
Associate's degree and 10 years of legislative or alliance development experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of legislative or alliance development experience
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.