Director, Commercial Learning and Development, Remdesivir
Director, Commercial Learning and Development, Remdesivir
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process will be conducted virtually, and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure the health and safety of our teams.
Director, Commercial Learning and Development- Remdesivir
Reporting to the Sr. Director, Therapeutic Area Commercial Learning and Development, this individual oversees development of and provides expertise in the implementation of a launch training curriculum and sustainment that serves the needs for the Gilead Field Commercial Organization.
- Lead development and implementation of knowledge/skill-based training focused on ensuring launch success through therapeutic disease state and product knowledge for commercial field sales.
- Lead, coach, motivate and inspire a team in pursuit of launch and CL&D objectives to foster a collaborative and productive environment.
- Possess strong interpersonal communication skills; facilitation skills; problem solving, decision making and analytical skills.
- Requires strong influence skills especially gaining alignment across levels and functions.
- Partners with stakeholders, subject matter experts and colleagues to define, evaluate and up level training needs through determination of knowledge gaps, needs assessment as well integrated training materials.
- Supports relevant internal departments including Marketing, Commercial (management, field sales, regional trainers), Commercial Operations, Medical Information, Legal, Business Conduct and Regulatory.
- Monitors and maintains alignment with Commercial group's strategic training plan while balancing short-term and long-term business goals.
- Apply best practices in adult learning theory to promote continuous learning and reinforce Gilead's commercial strategy.
- Understands and has experience with instructor-led, virtual instructor-led, virtual and web-based training.
- Must have the ability to focus on performance by establishing clear objectives for the training.
- Oversees development of content supporting new hire, national meetings, manager meetings, sustainment and ongoing skills training throughout the year.
- Incorporate motivating, creative, and interactive training techniques to enhance the training experience, to maximize learning and retention.
- Effectively manages a project from its initiation to delivery, either as live or virtual training as a deliverable.
- Ability to effectively communicate in visual, oral and written presentation forms.
- Actively seek out new principles in learning to further improve training initiatives and identify efficiencies.
- Knowledge of sales performance metrics use to improve training and development design.
- Manage agency relationships spanning content design and development, ensuring quality and timeliness of these deliverables, within budget.
- Experience with working with a set budget.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Requires BS/BA degree with a concentration in Science, Education, Business or Marketing and a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience.
- Required skills include experience with clinical and product, compliance, sales force automation, and selling skills knowledge, used in tandem with solid project management skills.
- Experience in the biotech or pharmaceutical field preferred.
- Prior sales management/leadership experience is preferred.
- Experience in learning principles and application, curriculum development and instructional design skills is preferred.
- Advanced Degree in a related field is desirable.
- Experience in virology and related therapeutic areas a strong plus.
- Computer aptitude with appropriate software programs Microsoft Word, Excel, OneNote, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams and Adobe Acrobat is required.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Director--Commercial-Learning-and-Development--Remdesivir_R0015715-1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency