Staff Accountant, focus on A/R invoicing and Grants Accounting
In this newly built role, the Staff Accountant will join a dynamic Collaboration & Government Grants Accounting team, with a high focus on billing and accounting for our revenue generating agreements. This role will be primarily responsible for compilation/submission of invoices for billings to our collaborators and government agencies and preparing accounting analyses as it relates to government grants. We need someone who can collaborate with other departments to capture information necessary for accurate accounting and invoicing.
A typical day might include the following:
• Understanding the Company's Accounts Receivable (AR) module (processing, verifying, and posting of payments) to accurately generate invoices in various currencies, including understanding of respective tax jurisdictions
• Maintaining a listing of invoice types by collaboration/government agency, including documenting/updating procedural manuals, as needed
• Reconciling AR module to the general ledger and preparing aged receivables
• Builds relationships with collaborators/government agencies, including effective communication on billing related inquiries
• Works directly with Treasury to ensure completeness and accuracy of banking information
• Responsible for monthly data collection, analysis, preparation, and recording of Accounting journal entries related to various government grants
• Assistance in the preparation/maintenance of quarterly dashboards
This role might be for you if:
• Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
• You have strong organizational abilities and attention to the details
• You can forge good working relationships across the enterprise
We seek an individual who is a team player, interacts effectively with others, can work independently and proactively propose solutions, and wants to be challenged and grow with our company. High proficiency with Microsoft applications is required. Experience with financial applications is preferred, Oracle experience a plus. The successful candidate will have 2-4 years of relevant experience is highly preferred
- Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.