Director/Senior Director, Antibody Engineering
Pliant Therapeutics is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of novel therapies for fibrotic diseases. Founded by Third Rock Ventures with world-renowned academic thought leaders, Pliant is raising the bar for progress to meet unmet medical needs for patients and physicians. The company’s focus is on mechanism-based intervention in the fibrotic process using small molecules. The company’s lead product candidate, PLN-74809, is designed to be a selective inhibitor of αvβ1 and αvβ6 integrins that play a key role in multiple fibrotic pathways. PLN-74809 has received Orphan Drug Designation from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration in both idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF) and primary sclerosing cholangitis (PSC), has completed Phase 1b testing. Pliant’s second product candidate, PLN-1474, is designed to be an oral, small molecule selective inhibitor of αvβ1, targeting late-stage liver fibrosis and is partnered with Novartis. The Company is seeking passionate, creative and dedicated individuals to join our team and contribute to our mission.
Immediate opening is available for a passionate scientist to join our muscular dystrophy team as a Program Team Lead. This individual will join a dynamic and growing multidisciplinary team focused on discovery and advancement of new drug candidates and disease biomarkers in fibrosis, oncology, and muscular dystrophy.
The successful candidate will lead the development of a novel antibody therapy from lead to IND. This will include working closely with our muscle biology team, antibody engineering, PK/PD, translational science, and CMC teams to ensure efficient and successful translation of preclinical candidate to clinical trials. The successful candidate will report directly to the VP of Biology.
- Lead ongoing antibody engineering and lead evaluation
- Develop a PK/PD and translational medicine plan to advance lead candidate to clinic
- Coordinate activities of consultants and contract labs
- Develop and meet team timelines
- Evaluate new targets and in-licensing opportunities
- PhD in Biology, Biochemistry or related field.
- Minimum 8 years industry experience in antibody development.
- Strong foundational knowledge of antibody drug development.
- Experience in leading cross-functional antibody therapeutic drug discovery projects
- Desire to work in a fast paced, well-resourced research and development environment managing internal and external collaborations
- Candidate should exhibit strong, positive attitude for teamwork and learning.
- Ability to thrive in a culture of respect, accountability, transparency, and collaboration.