Associate Director, Government Pricing & Contracting- Foster City, CA
Associate Director, Government Pricing & Contracting- Foster City, CA
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Associate Director, Government Pricing & Contracting - Foster City, CA
The Associate Director is responsible for assigned portions of the day-to-day operations for Government Programs & Pricing (GPP) across Gilead's US portfolio. This position reports to the GPP Senior Director. In addition to maintaining operational excellence, success in this role will require the ability to effectively collaborate with Legal, Contract Operations, Trade Operations, Compliance, and IT. This person will be responsible for demonstrating strong communication and influencing skills that will drive value to the business.
- Lead and inspire a high performing and innovative team. Manage the team's performance and identify opportunities for continued growth and development.
- Oversees the calculations of Average Manufacturer Price (AMP), Best Price (BP), Average Sales Price (ASP), Non-Federal Average Manufacturer Price (NFAMP), Texas Net Price, 340B Public Health Service (PHS) Ceiling Price, Federal Ceiling Price (FCP), and Unit Rebate Amount (URA).
- Supervises the administration of the Federal Supply Schedule (FSS) contract.
- Manages the Government Pricing (GP) team performing the calculations and complements the team's expertise in matters of regulatory interpretation, policy and procedure development, and system dependencies.
- Analyzes calculation results and assists the GP team in identifying the source of variances that are observed period over period.
- Ensures timely and accurate reporting of calculated prices to the appropriate government agencies and internal stakeholders to the highest standards.
- Leads efforts to implement regulatory changes through comprehensive methodology assessments, operational evaluations, and financial analyses.
- Assesses risks and develops robust internal controls to prevent and detect errors that impact government price reporting.
- Utilizes in-depth knowledge of the Model N application to optimize system configurations and thoroughly test changes that impact the system and pricing calculations. Informs upstream business partners of GP requirements concerning data granularity and system setup.
- Provides analysis and support for strategic initiatives spanning commercial, Federal, Medicare, and Medicaid markets. Implications of aforementioned requests are analyzed from a government pricing, operational, and financial perspective.
- Leverages strong communication skills to advocate with and influence key stakeholders. Acts as a subject matter expert and trainer on government payers and programs, as these relate to government pricing.
- Proactively pursues opportunities to implement process excellence through automation of processes and institution of industry best practices.
Knowledge, Experience, and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, marketing, accounting, finance or related field.
- 10+ years of managed markets experience in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry, with a demonstrated track record of meeting or exceeding objectives and goals (or minimum 8 years with a Master's degree).
- Expert knowledge of government pricing regulations and operations for a broad product portfolio.
- Exceptional command of discount reallocation (i.e. bundling) concepts.
- Proven track record as a strong people manager, with direct and/or indirect reports.
- Ability to provide strategic direction for the GP team and contribute to the broader departmental roadmap and capabilities.
- Thought leader who can influence change and build consensus through the application of superior verbal, written, and interpersonal skills. The position requires very strong analytical capabilities, cross-functional team leadership skills, and the ability to manage and lead through others to drive multiple initiatives.
- Advanced Model N/Revitas, Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills.
- Understanding of processes across functional areas including Channel/Trade, Commercial Contracting, Government Contracting, Patient Assistance, Commercial Rebates, Government Rebates, and Chargebacks.
- Audit and litigation support.
- Project management, cross-functional team leadership, and system implementation experience.
- Master's degree in business administration, data analytics, health policy, finance or related field.
- Financial modeling, budgeting, forecasting, and gross-to-net (GTN) analysis.
- Systems experience & skills: Data mining, Tableau, Alteryx, and SQL skills.
The Gilead Difference
Everyone at Gilead is motivated by our overarching mission to discover and deliver innovative therapies that improve patient care in areas of unmet medical needs. But it's just what we do that gives us an edge, it's how we do it. We expect everyone at Gilead to lead by example, guided by our core values:
- Integrity - Doing What's Right
- Inclusion - Encouraging Diversity
- Teamwork - Working Together
- Accountability - Taking Personal Responsibility
- Excellence - Being Your Best
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Associate-Director--Government-Pricing---Contracting--Foster-City--CA_R0015808-1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency