Graduate Intern, EH&S
Kite is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure the health and safety of our teams.
For Current Kite Pharma Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job
We are seeking a highly motivated and passionate individuals to join our Summer Internship Program! As an intern at Kite, you'll have the unique opportunity to learn about cell therapy from some of the brightest minds in biotech while making a meaningful impact. We're committed to developing early talent, and we welcome motivated individuals with a passion for transforming the way cancer is treated. The program also offers the opportunity for networking within Kite and Gilead, social events with fellow interns and Kite leadership as well as career development trainings while providing competitive compensation and relocation assistance for eligible candidates.
As an EH&S Intern you will work with Kite's EH&S Team to assist in the development and implementation of critical aspects of the EH&S Management System at our new facility in Frederick, MD (TCF05). This opportunity will allow you to take part in the implementation of many processes and procedures used for the first time at the facility. You will gain real world experience in Contractor Management, Hazard Communication, Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Management and how tools like SharePoint are used to assist in the management of EH&S Processes.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist in the development, review and revision of policies, procedures and training which support TCF05's EH&S Management System
- Participates in Area EH&S Assessments
- Performs hazard assessments and other EH&S evaluations related to ergonomics or Industrial Hygiene
- Gathers data and assists in the development of presentations for the purposes of measuring and communicating EH&S performance
- Maintains records relating to environmental and safety management system initiatives
- Participates in incident management activities, including injury management, investigations and associated recordkeeping.
- Must be at least 18 years or older
- Must be currently enrolledin a full time Master's Degree program at an accredited university/college
- Must have completed at least one year of study at an accredited university/college prior to internship commencing
- Must be enrolled in the Fall Semester at an accredited university/college after the completion of the internship
- Must be able to complete a 10-12 consecutive week internship between June and September
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without Kite sponsorship
- Must not be employed at the time the internship starts
- Degree concentration(s) in Safety Management, Environmental Management or similar program of study
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite
- Ability to identify issues and seek solutions
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Efficient, organized, and able to handle short timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Previous experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- Previous experience with Hazard Communication and Safety Data Sheet Management
- Previous experience with contractor management programs and software
Kite is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system's ability to recognize and kill tumors. Kite is based in Santa Monica, CA. For more information on Kite, please visit www.kitepharma.com. Sign up to follow @KitePharma on Twitter at www.twitter.com/kitepharma.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability,genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may firstname.lastname@example.org assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the'EEO is the Law'poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Kite Pharma Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.