Research Associate - Cell Science
About the role
Following the acquisition of gene editing platform and oncology product portfolio of Applied StemCell Inc, we are now looking to expand the team as we look to become a leader in the cell engineering field. With this in mind, we are recruiting for a Research Associate to join our Cell Engineering team.
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your career within a growing business by playing a hands-on role in gene editing projects in cells, cell culture and cell-based assays.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Perform cell engineering using CRISPR technology for service type cell-based projects
- Generate and maintain modified cancer, iPSC and other cell lines in BSL-2 level laboratory environments
- Generate high-quality and deliverable data, perform data analysis and report in a timely, troubleshooting wherever needed;
- Collaborate and exchange the technique protocols, tips and experience with other team members internally or externally
- Create and manage good documentation of experimental data and reagent inventories
- Perform a good laboratory practice and maintenance. Keep a safe and clean laboratory hygiene.
- Perform additional relevant duties as needed and assigned
- B.S. in Cell Biology or a closely related discipline
- At least one year of relevant laboratory experience
- Experienced working with cancer or iPSC cell culture
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills
- Excellent computer skills including instrumentation specific software and proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Position requires prolonged stints of standing/sitting