Lung Therapeutics, Inc. is looking for an experienced project manager (PM) to be responsible for overall organization and tracking of multiple early stage drug programs. The PM will interface with CMC, nonclinical, and clinical teams to organize, track, and ensure accountability for tasks associated with the development programs. In addition to the internal Lung team, the PM will work with a number of expert consultants contracted to Lung Therapeutics, as well as external service providers, as an integral part of the drug development team.
Duties will include organization and coordination of all aspects of various projects, including development and management of timelines, meeting management (scheduling, agendas, minutes, action items follow-up), logistics support, and tracking costs (in coordination with finance). The PM will track and report on the team members adherence to timelines, budgets, and deliverables. A working understanding of early stage drug development, as well as the various disciplines involved (CMC, nonclinical, clinical) is required. The PM will report directly to the Director of Operations.
The company headquarters is located in Austin, Texas; however, the position can be located in Austin (no relocation benefit) or remote with occasional travel. The PM must generally be available during working hours that support all US time zones.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain high level and detailed timelines for all projects through use of project management software tools, ensuring that the functional resources and timelines are aligned with the global project timelines
- Prepare timely agendas and minutes for project team meetings and ensure completion of action items
- Facilitate and provide hands-on support, ensuring seamless handoffs and coordination among key functional areas
- Provide support in resolving project issues by managing contingency planning and influencing risk mitigation strategies with input from the team
- Prepare progress reports and actively communicate any discrepancies in project timeline, budgeted costs, or quality to senior management. Anticipate and participate in the resolution of budget issues, timeline delays and/or competing priorities.
- Support QA when needed, including coordinating team members training and related documentation.
- Other duties as assigned. Respond to changing duties as responsibilities may vary based on pipeline growth, project needs, and stages of development (nonclinical, clinical or commercial)
Education and Experience
- Required: Bachelor’s degree (life science degree preferred) or PMP certification, with a minimum of five years of experience in project management in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry, preferably in a setting that includes management of multiple disciplines involved in early stage development (CMC, nonclinical, clinical).
- Preferred: Advanced degree(s) (MS/Ph.D. in life science, MBA, pharmaceutics) and project management certification
- Proficient in MS Project, Microsoft Excel, and PowerPoint
- References required.
About Lung Therapeutics
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Lung Therapeutics, Inc. (“Lung”) is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company formed to leverage leading research in orphan, pulmonary indications for which there are unmet medical needs. The company is developing a proprietary pipeline of novel therapeutics with the potential to greatly improve outcomes over currently available treatments. The company’s lead drug LTI-01 has received Orphan Drug Designation in the US and EU and Fast Track Designation in the US. LTI-01 is currently in a Phase 2, randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind, dose-ranging study evaluating LTI-01 in patients with infected, non-draining loculated pleural effusions. The company’s second product candidate, LTI-03, is in development for idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis. For more information, visit lungtx.com