Scientist I, Biologics
This laboratory-based position will lead multiple projects to support the development of therapeutics products including new product exploration and method development. The candidate will lead research projects to support early-stage product development. This is a great opportunity to work with cross-functional technical development teams and experience late-development and commercial stages
- Lead multiple projects including experimental planning, design experiment and data analysis.
- Design and perform experiment to understand factors affect skin quality and support protein characterization (SDS-PAGE, Western Blot, ELISA, etc.).
- Assist assay development and perform routine tests to support other group activities.
- Mentor and aid junior team members.
- Ownership of the writing of development reports and test methods.
Ph.D. in Biochemistry or related fields with 0-2 years working experience in protein chemistry and immunology
- >2 years’ experience in immunology
- >2 years’ experience in protein chemistry
- >2 years’ skin model/ skin epithelial cell culture experience is a preferred
- >1 year in animal skin model experience is a plus
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proven in-depth knowledge of immunology and inflammation is a must.
- Familiar with mammalian cell culture, immunochemistry is a must
- Proficient in basic protein characterization skills (SDS-PAGE, Western Blot, ELISA, etc.)
- Experience in human skin model is preferred.
- In-depth knowledge in protein chemistry is a plus
- Experience in neuroscience is a plus.
- Knowledge in biostatistics is a plus.
- Excellent troubleshooting ability.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in a team-oriented environment are required.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team, handle multiple projects, demonstrate initiative and accountability, and strong attention to detail.
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills are required.